A pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960s, TRC is a global consulting, engineering and construction management firm that provides technology-enabled solutions to the power, oil and gas, environmental and infrastructure markets.
TRC has more than 4,000 employees located in 120 offices throughout the United States, the UK and China. TRC is ranked #19 on ENR's list of the Top 500 Design Firms in the United States.
TRC is seeking a dynamic, highly motivated Web Developer (GIS) to provide technical support for clients, and fellow TRC staff. The Web Developer (GIS) must have a minimum of 7 years of experience developing custom solutions to problems; have excellent communication and organizational skills to work as member of a larger team; keep up-to-date with current technology; and be responsible for discovering and implementing new technology with assistance from other members of the TRC team. The Web Developer (GIS) collaborates with clients and fellow TRC staff to design, develop, and implement end-to-end solutions.
- Exploring and implementing new technology to support other TRC staff and clients
- SQL design for web applications, python scripts, and custom reporting
- Web Application development
- Various GIS/IT administration tasks
- Mentor other GIS staff
- Interact with other TRC staff or clients to develop solutions to problems
- Familiar with: node.js, map libraries, Docker, and AWS environment is a plus
Required Skills, Experience, and Education
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or other related discipline
- A minimum of 7 years Web Development or related work experience
Required Core Competencies
- Excellence & Innovation: Committed to sustaining and accelerating TRC's reputation for quality. Demonstrates personal accountability for the quality of their work and embraces peer review for all external deliverable. Delivers excellent results in a timely manner. Uses established systems/processes appropriately to ensure quality of ongoing work. Where appropriate, develops new and innovative solutions that are actionable, value-adding, and contribute to driving profitable revenue growth. Is open to diverse suggestions/feedback and is committed to continuous improvement.
- Teamwork & Communication: Shows ability to actively listen and seeks to understand the viewpoints of others. Keeps others appropriately informed in a timely manner. Demonstrates effective written and verbal communication skills. Communicates clearly, concisely, and with candor.
Required Developer Competencies
- Application Development/Problem Solving: Able to translate client needs to solutions using current technology. Able to identify the best tool for the job based on experience and knowledge of what is possible.
- Programming and SQL Languages: Able to use multiple programming languages to create useful applications or tools for interacting with data. Able to apply SQL programming language to communicate with and manipulate databases.
- Web Applications/Services: Able to create map services and interactive web applications.
Desired GIS Competencies
- IT/Cloud Infrastructure: Able to perform administration tasks for existing IT/Cloud infrastructure, identifies and implements new technology appropriate for supporting GIS team and clients.
- Advanced GIS Analysis/Model Building/Visual Simulations: Able to utilize GIS applications to perform advanced spatial analysis or data conversion or manipulation (i.e., raster/surface manipulation, mosaic, modify and repurpose imagery for other software). Able to use applications and scripts to create automated geoprocessing workflows. Able to perform Visual
- Simulations, Renderings, Visual Impact Analysis using industry standard applications.
Geodatabase Development & Design / Data Models: Able to utilize GIS applications to build a GIS (i.e., data mining, geodatabase design, data conversion, etc.). Able to define data requirements needed to support business processes within the scope of corresponding information systems in organizations.
Travel and Workplace
The majority of the work will be performed out of our Austin, Texas office and will require occasional travel for client visits or training.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.