Under general direction, serves as a technical GIS expert on applications to help achieve strategic Town goals. The Sr. GIS Administrator will be involved with: new GIS applications evaluation and installations, existing GIS application enhancements, GIS data integration to other systems, quality assurance testing, report writing, and applications security processes. Responsible for working with Town departments on business needs and their integration with large, complex, Town-wide or multi-department, projects.
- Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) processing, web service publishing, testing, documentation, training, and user support.
- Provides guidance, documentation, and training to users.
- Facilitates interdepartmental cooperation, database administration, and GIS web site administration.
- Works closely with user departments, consultants, vendors, external users, and the general public in the coordination and utilization of GIS projects and services.
- Works as a high level technical expert in design, development, implementation, and testing of complex GIS applications or significant enhancements to existing GIS applications.
- Acts as highest-level technical expert, addressing issues of standards, strategy, technical requirements, quality, and long-term administration and maintenance.
- Generates and maintains geodatabases, layers, and associated attribute information.
- Implements, operates, populates, analyzes and maintains GIS applications and databases.
- Provides applications development and programming services, spatial database administration and development, computing systems administration and analytical support.
- Analyzes system documentation, program logic and manuals, including on-site review of user procedures to achieve a thorough understanding of the various systems functions.
- Collects and updates geospatial data documentations, include metadata.
- Applies sophisticated geospatial and analysis techniques.
- Troubleshoots problems associated with existing GIS applications and data.
- Performs mapping and data analysis tasks including producing graphic and tabular data.
- Provides assistance in the expansion and use of GIS, access to geographic data to Town employees and citizens.
- Develops and maintains maps, data layers, cartography and computer related drafting/geographic information to the Town, including implementation of quality control procedures of GIS data.
- Assists division manager in the development and maintenance of departmental long-term plans, programs and budgets.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Town and Department policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of ESRI ArcPRO software.
- Knowledge of basic and advanced GIS practices.
- Knowledge of Python scripting.
- Knowledge of surveying and mapping practices.
- Knowledge of computer-assisted drafting and design practices and methods.
- Strong skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Skill in gathering and analyzing GIS data.
- Skill in remote sensing data (Drone).
- Skill with the development of GIS Dashboards.
- Skill in data interfaces, imports, and exports to 3rd party data (ETL, XML, or similar).
- Skill in developing, maintaining and providing technical support of GIS maps and computer applications.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- A Bachelors degree in Geography, GIS or related field.
- Ten (10) years GIS analysis and technical experience, including five (5) years experience with
- GIS software applications or programs; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Expert knowledge of ESRI Enterprise GIS software including ArcGIS online.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction practices and principles.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is performed in an indoor environment.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.