The Innovation and Technology Department is recruiting for motivated Senior GIS Programmer Analysts* that are experts in systems analysis, automated systems design, database design, and applications programming, and are the primary resource for evaluating and applying new technological developments to assigned projects.
Senior GIS Programmer Analysts will have a dynamic role in developing advanced GIS enterprise systems, designing compelling user interfaces, and supporting critical workflows using Esri's industry-leading ArcGIS platform to help County departments address real-world challenges in land use planning, law enforcement, economic development, public works, emergency services, human and social services and beyond.
Current vacancy exists within the Innovation and Technology Department (ITD).
*Official title is Programmer Analyst III. For more detailed information, refer to the Programmer Analyst III job description.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Pre-Employment Process: Applicants must successfully pass a background check and a job-related physical exam, including a drug test, prior to employment.
Availability: Incumbents may occasionally work evening and weekend hours. Some overtime, on-call, or call back work may be required.
Required Experience: Four (4) years of full-time equivalent work experience in a production environment, within the past five (5) years, performing GIS systems analysis and project planning for the purpose of developing and supporting GIS applications. Must include one (1) year working as a project leader for large-scale projects and the use of a systems development methodology.
Qualifying experience must include use at least 3 of the following:
- .NET/.NET Core
- Python 2.7+
- ArcGIS Arcade
- ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Enterprise
- ArcGIS Experience Builder
- ArcGIS Pro Desktop
Required Education: Thirty (30) semester (45 quarter) units of completed college level courses in programming, computer science, software engineering, or related field. A list of coursework must be submitted with the application if a Bachelor's degree has not been conferred.
Substitution: One (1) additional year of qualifying work experience may substitute for the education requirement. A bachelor's degree in geographic information systems, programming, computer science or software engineering may substitute for one (1) year of the qualifying non-lead experience.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Strong understanding of the Esri ArcGIS Enterprise and Online platforms and associated applications and technologies to build and deploy applications to end users.
- Experience with managing and analyzing various data sets such as spatial data, addressing data, parcel data and demographic data.
- Strong understanding of fundamental GIS concepts.
- Strong ability to gather business requirements and develop functional/technical specifications.
- Collaboration skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Experience in Python on ArcGIS platforms.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.