The DeKalb County School District is seeking an experienced and professional Planning/GIS Analyst III.
The material contained herein is subject to change. All open positions offered by the DeKalb County School District are subject to specific job requirements. The DeKalb County School District is an equal opportunity employer, and all hiring decisions are subject to federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
Under general supervision, develops and provides data and information, including capacity, enrollment and projected enrollments and other information necessary in the development and support of the long-range Capital Improvement Plan to ensure that students are placed in the correct school in the DeKalb County School District (DCSD).
The following duties are representative for this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Tasks and responsibilities will concur with implementing the Strategic Plan and Aligned Management System. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Analyzes information and data from multiple sources to ensure accuracy of the GIS maps and mapping processes.
- Processes and analyzes student data to provide enrollment information and forecasts used by various departments.
- Utilize database management to maintain and control data to assist with planning future projects.
- Design reports, dashboards, user-friendly web applications, and other materials needed to present to staff and stakeholder.
- Provides school attendance information to ensure students are placed correctly.
- ISupports the redistricting, public meetings, and any other planning efforts undertaken by the Planning Department.
- Interacts with other school systems and governmental bodies to gain needed data (street files, aerial imagery, etc.) to ensure the DCSD map is accurate; makes recommendations to correct any inaccuracies in data.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent coursework required.
- A minimum of two (2) years of closely related experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Planning, Computer Science, Geography, GIS, or closely related are from a Professional Standards Commission approved accredited college or university is preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, PERMITS:
American Institute of Certified Planners Certification and/or Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Professional Certification preferred.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.