Information Systems Specialist I/II - GIS
County of Napa
|Salary Details||See Job Description|
The County of Napa is seeking an experienced professional to support enterprise GIS in the Information Technology Services Division. This position functions primarily in an IT-support role specializing in the county’s GIS. The selected applicant will assist users in other departments in their use of GIS technology and the ArcGIS product suite and provide guidance on GIS workflows and best practices. The selected applicant will help manage the enterprise GIS infrastructure which includes ArcSDE, ArcGIS Server, Enterprise, ArcGIS Online, GIS data maintenance, automated tasks, web applications and will develop reports using SQL Server Reporting Services.
Other duties of this position may include Emergency Operations Center (EOC) support, enterprise GIS software administration, the development of custom and off-the-shelf web and mobile GIS applications and the integration of GIS solutions with multiple systems and technologies including 3rd party software, SQL Server and SQL Server Reporting Services.
Please Note: The ideal candidate will be well versed in all aspects of GIS technology and best practices. The minimally qualified candidate will be well versed in Desktop and Web GIS and will have the experience, knowledge, skills and abilities that will transfer to learning more advanced skills. This position involves a significant amount of IT support and GIS project work. The Ideal Candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities upon entry to the position.
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) practices and standards.
- GIS concepts, methodology, and terminology
- ESRI's enterprise product suite (ArcGIS Online, Enterprise Portal, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS desktop, Enterprise GDBs
- Spatial Data, geodatabases, visualization and representation
- Spatial analysis and geoprocessing techniques
- Complex GIS data models
- SQL Server, T-SQL, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).Relational database technology and practices.
- Object Oriented Programming
- Source code management procedures/techniques
- Project management principles and practices
- End user IT support best practices
- Commonly used spreadsheet, word processing, scanning, presentation, and database software
- Prepare maps and graphics using commonly accepted practices of cartography, including those unique to the County.
- Maintain department map-related records.
- Prepare clear and concise work documentation, updated procedures and technical reports.
- Organize own work, set priorities, and meet critical deadlines.
- Use initiative and independent judgement within established procedural guidelines.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with county employees, contractors and the general public.
- Analyze and solve problems logically, and follow detailed instructions.
- Communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing to various audiences.
- Perform basic mathematics and geometric calculations of plane and solid figures.
- Assist in software and system upgrades
- Perform technical troubleshooting related to GIS workflows
- Suggest and implement technical GIS solutions to end users
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.