Maul Foster & Alongi/FLO Analytics is looking for a talented GIS Technician/Analyst for our Portland or Seattle office. As GIS Technician/Analyst, you will support GIS project work alongside a collaborative team of GIS professionals. You will provide a broad range of GIS technical support on projects with duties typically including data compilation, standardization, and management; geographic data mapping; spatial analysis; web mapping application development and maintenance; cartographic product creation; and project reporting assistance.
FLO Analytics (FLO) specializes in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and data analytics services, serving school districts, government, utilities, non-profit groups, and various businesses and industries in the Pacific Northwest and beyond. FLO supports and is a key innovator within Maul Foster & Alongi, Inc. (MFA), a locally owned Pacific Northwest consulting firm specializing in the areas of environmental science, engineering, planning, and GIS. Since 1996, MFA has grown to nearly 100 employees, with offices in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho.
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university in geography, environmental studies/science, planning, or a related field with an emphasis in GIS
- 12 credit hours in GIS-specific courses
- 2+ years of GIS work experience
- Competence with Esri's ArcGIS Desktop suite (ArcMap, ArcCatalog, ArcToolbox)
- Familiarity working within Esri's ArcGIS Online
- Experience working within the geodatabase environment, including creating, editing, and management
- Proven ability to perform GIS data conversion/editing, spatial analysis/reporting tasks, database management, and GIS map production
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access
- Proven organizational and problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Able to formulate and communicate ideas, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision and in a collaborative group environment
- Willingness to work overtime and travel as needed
Desired Skills and Abilities
- 3+ years' of GIS work experience
- Previous professional consulting experience
- Experience working with ArcGIS Desktop extensions (e.g., spatial analyst, network analyst)
- Familiarity working within Esri's Pro environment
- Experience in advanced geospatial analysis and modeling principles using a variety of ArcGIS environments (e.g., ModelBuilder, Python scripting)
- Completion of a statistics and/or spatial statistics college course
- Experience with data blending, visualization, or analysis software (Tableau, Alteryx)
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.