The City of Cedar Park is seeking qualified applicants for the GIS Technician position.
- Develops and maintains the city's enterprise GIS system to ensure the GIS data is accurate and up-to-date;
- Performs a variety of editing tasks utilizing ESRI's Parcel Fabric and other datasets to update GIS data such as subdivision, parcels, addressing, and other layers;
- Performs spatial analysis;
- Prepares high quality paper, online, and digital mapping products to meet City needs;
- Responds to requests for GIS information from the public, other agencies, and other City staff as needed;
- Researches and interprets source records, land surveys, subdivision plats, and other legal documents;
- Utilizes a variety of methods and data including GIS, GPS, aerial imagery, dynamic maps, and other sources to verify the accuracy of spatial information and products;
- Prepares technical planning reports, correspondence manuals, procedures, and other written materials; and
- Performs such other related duties as may be required.
Acceptable Experience, Training, Certifications and Licenses
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree in Geographic Information System Science, Planning, Geography, or in a field related to the work from an accredited college or university, plus a minimum of one (1) year of related GIS experience;
- any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.