Responsible for the updating and maintaining of an accurate and up-to-date Transmission and Distribution (T&D) Geographic Information System (GIS). Assist electrical design staff with electrical design needs. Ensure that the information entered into the GIS database remains accurate and consistent providing for enhanced and dynamic electrical system planning and maintenance. Proactively provide updated Engineering Analysis models, land base, and system maps to the users. Responsible for the proper functioning of the design software.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the GIS in a timely manner with all the asset and attribute data from completed new construction, line improvements, inspections, tree trimming, and other projects.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of maps, map viewers, and other geo-spatial tools with the use of ESRI's ArcGIS software, AutoCAD software, or similar programs.
- Ensure that the GIS models/maps are compliant with the appropriate connectivity model, and provide prompt availability of accurate engineering models to the other users.
- Ensure that the integration/interfaces between GIS and other applications are always up-to-date and functional. Maintain the different GIS layers (including land base) to be consumed by both internal and external users.
- Ensure that the design software and other geo-spatial tools are updated and functioning satisfactorily.
- Perform analysis of GIS data based on specified criteria and generates reports based on resulting data for use in projects and decision making processes. Assists in the production of high quality maps of various sizes and styles utilizing cartographic skills.
- Responsible for the preparation and maintenance of necessary records, reports, and documentation for the GIS systems; coordinating and interacting with other City of College
- Station departments and other government or private sector entities to ensure effective data exchange; and maintaining familiarity with CSU engineering standards, construction practices, and procedures.
- Assist the department supervisor in updating and maintaining the system maintenance plan and assist in training of others in the use and capabilities of ESRI software, GPS units, and mobile GIS deployments.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Associate's degree in Geographic Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Proficient in ESRI ArcGIS technologies such as ArcGIS Desktop, ArcSDE and utilizing ArcGIS Server technology, as well as associated applications. Strong understanding of database concepts, querying, and reporting from SQL databases. Valid Texas Driver's License. Skilled is use of office productivity tools (Example: Microsoft Office).
Bachelor's degree in Geographic Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field. Knowledge of electric distribution utility standards and practices. Experience with ESRI GIS software. Experience with Autocad software. Knowledge of electrical transmission and distribution terminology and theory of operations. Familiarity with surveying equipment and tools.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.