TRC has long set the bar for clients who require more than just engineering, combining science with the latest technology to devise innovative solutions that stand the test of time. From pipelines to power plants, roadways to reservoirs, schoolyards to security solutions, clients look to TRC for breakthrough thinking backed by the innovative follow-through of an industry leader.
TRC's professionals work with a broad range of commercial, industrial and government clients and the communities they serve. We deliver breakthrough solutions that address local needs -- so our clients can better succeed in an ever-changing world.
Working at TRC means tackling interesting, meaningful projects. We pride ourselves on our collaborative spirit, entrepreneurial zeal and agile corporate structure. We recognize that the expertise of our staff is our strongest asset, so we generously reward employees for successful performance and invest in their careers through training and the development of new skills and certifications.
TRC is seeking a dynamic, highly motivated GIS Technician to provide technical support for clients, and fellow TRC staff. The GIS Technician must have minimum of 2 years of experience applying GIS technology to perform mapping and data edits within GIS systems and solving geospatial problems. The GIS Technician must have excellent communication and organizational skills to work as member of a larger GIS team to complete project tasks. The GIS Technician collaborates with fellow GIS staff to ensure that quality and timely GIS support is provided on all projects. The GIS Technician must be self-motivated and able to work independently with supervision from a GIS Lead.
This GIS Technician will be focused on electric utility mapping activities. Experience or related background in these areas will be given primary consideration. 2 years utility (electric or gas) GIS or related work experience required.
Job Tasks Include
- General geographic data mapping, data editing, and analysis
- GPS data processing
- Query geographic data for information to be used in reports/proposals
- Work interactively with various data sources to perform joins and extract meaningful data
- Accountability: Holds responsibility for work performed including, actions, decisions, and outcomes. Demonstrates a high level of dependability in fulfilling commitments to co-workers and clients. Takes personal responsibility for seeing efforts through to completion.
- Teamwork & Communication: Shows ability to actively listen and seeks to understand the viewpoints of others. Keeps others appropriately informed in a timely manner. Demonstrates effective written and verbal communication skills. Communicates clearly, concisely, and with candor.
- Data Entry/Conversion: Able to convert data from multiple sources and formats (CAD, GIS, GPS, text, etc.) to a common format or common schema. Able to enter data into a database successfully with minimal errors. This includes editing said data as needs arise.
- Cartography and Graphic Design: Able to express graphically, usually through maps, the features within a GIS.
- Basic GIS Analysis: Able to utilize GIS applications to examine the locations, attributes, and relationships of features in spatial data through overlay and other analytical techniques to address a question or gain useful knowledge.
- Bachelor's degree in Geographic Information Systems, Geography, Computer Science, other related discipline, or experience that is directly applicable to Transmission or Distribution utility GIS systems.
- A minimum of 2 years utility (electric or gas) GIS or related work experience required.
- Must currently reside in Southwest United States.
TRC is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.