RRC is seeking a talented GIS Technician to help us build the future of U.S. energy production from our Pflugerville, TX. RRC is a multi-disciplinary engineering firm that specializes in energy projects, particularly renewable energy, throughout the United States. Founded in 2007, RRC provides a culture where employees are valued while contributing to meaningful projects. This is an opportunity to work at the forefront of the evolving energy production landscape.
Application must be filled out in its entirety for consideration.
Must understand & personify RRCs Core Beliefs
- Client Satisfaction understands the goal of always exceeding our clients expectation
- Employee Happiness able to work well with others. communicate clearly with coworkers, promote a positive work environment and mediate conflicts between team members.
- Quality Work - Ability to take ownership, work independently, prioritize workload and deliver quality results on time while working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Above and Beyond - Versatility, flexibility, ability to anticipate the needs of the company, take the initiative and a willingness to go out of your way to assist others.
- Apply GIS experience working with ESRI products, AutoCAD Map3D, and/or Civil 3D to incorporate geolocation information to projects, generate shape files and KMZ files, and maintain proper drafting scales
- Apply AutoCAD software, and ArcGIS in a design environment to develop plan sets for utility scale wind, photovoltaic solar and utility projects including creating and editing layouts, details, sections, elevations, electrical schematics, and other detailed drawings
- Work with a team of engineers and designers to deliver detailed drawing packages for wind and solar projects in accordance with project schedule
- Provide leadership in GIS work to support clients, and continually work to advance GIS capability and incorporation to conventional drafting and design
- Support/Lead development of standards, templates, libraries, optimizations, and processes
- Interface with internal and external team members including Electrical Engineers, Electrical Designers, Drafters, Project Managers, and take ownership of the project to meet and exceed client expectations.
This position can be worked from our Denver, CO or Tualatin, OR location. Remote possibility.
- A minimum 4 year degree in engineering, geography, computer science or related profession or GISP certification, and/or 5 years of related experience preferred
- Minimum of 3 years related experience in AutoCAD, GIS, Civil3D and/or AutoCAD Map3D in electrical design
- Experience with ArcGIS Pro desktop, ArcGIS Online, Portal for ArcGIS, or Enterprise for ArcGIS
- Strong AutoCAD skills with experience utilizing layers, blocks, XREFs, coordinate systems, annotations, and dimensioning while abiding by company and industry drafting standards
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to organize, schedule, prioritize, and multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with short turnaround times
- Work, collaborate and build a team centered culture supporting the training for the team at all levels
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work cross-functionally to understand requirements, present alternatives, and make recommendations
- Experience in renewable energy a plus
- Experience with ArcGIS Workforce, ArcGIS Navigator, Collector, Survey123 and QuickCapture a plus
- PVCase experience a plus
- Familiarity with the National Electric Code a plus
- Sitting for prolonged hours, standing, walking, and lift up to 15bs
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.