City of Lincoln & Lancaster County
|Salary Details||See Job Description|
This is responsible entry level technical work performing specialized duties in the operation, use, and maintenance of Enterprise-level Geographic Information Systems (GIS) data.
Nature of Work/Examples of Work Performed
- Work involves learning to integrate, update and maintain enterprise GIS datasets and produce a variety of digital outputs. Work also involves assisting in the development of digital spatial data, including preparation, evaluation, interpretation, and conversion of land records, assets, zoning, infrastructure, tax parcels, and environmental data (soils, flood plain, etc..).
- Interpret digital plans, imagery, maps, and property legal descriptions to incorporate into and maintain the County’s Land Records GIS database.
- Perform quality control on various datasets to ensure data accuracy.
- Respond to GIS, mapping, and data requests from internal and external customers; communicate with other departments and agencies to clarify information and data.
- Investigate and determine the cause of problems related to GIS datasets, applications, and processes; research and test GIS applications and solutions to solve departmental issues.
- Desirable Knowledge, Abilities & Skills/Desirable Training & Experience
Working knowledge of GIS principles and practices utilizing Esri’s ArcGIS suite of technology applications; understanding of coordinate geometry (COGO).
- Knowledge of map production procedures and techniques to create high quality maps applying cartographic principles.
- Ability to logically analyze computer system and programming problems and develop workable solutions.
- Concern for detail and accuracy. Creative problem-solving abilities and personal initiative, including the ability to carry out assigned tasks with minimum supervision. Effective personal time management and organizational skills to balance multiple competing priorities.
Minimum Qualifications/Necessary Special Requirements
Graduation from high school with six months of experience in computer science, planning, geography, drafting or related field including six months of experience using ArcGIS software; or any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the desirable knowledge, abilities and skills.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENT
Possession of a valid driver's license when operating a vehicle is necessary for the satisfactory performance of assigned duties.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.