The purpose of this job is to perform semi-skilled technical work inputting and maintaining Geographic Information System (GIS) data.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities - The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by employees in this job. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description
- Creates, updates, and maintains GIS data layers within GIS databases.
- Interprets engineering drawings to develop new data structures, data relationships, and data system architectures.
- Maintains, researches, and identifies data for municipal planning projects.
- Assists in data analysis and map design for assigned projects.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job has no responsibility for the direction or supervision of others.
Human Collaboration and Job Impact - This area describes the personal interaction with others outside direct reporting relationships as well as the impact the job has on organization, the department or unit objectives, the output of services, or employee or public satisfaction
Work may require providing advice to others outside direct reporting relationships on specific problems or general policies. Contact may require the consideration of different points of view to reach agreement. Elements of persuasion may be necessary to gain cooperation and acceptance of ideas.
Interactions have significant impact on the organization in terms of time, money, or public/employee relations.
Position has no fiscal responsibility.
Education and Experience - An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered
Education and Experience
60 hours of college credit, including coursework in geographic information systems.
1 to 3 years experience with enterprise GIS data and field operations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities which may be representative, but not all-inclusive of those commonly associated with this position
- ESRI GIS software and GIS concepts.
- Municipal government planning processes.
- Time management and organization.
- Communicating verbally and in writing to meet the needs of the audience.
- Applying active listening and asking questions for understanding.
- Maintaining a variety of technical records.
- Develop and maintain accurate maps.
- Interpret engineering drawings.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Regularly use a computer, software, phone, and related office equipment.
- Focus on tasks.
- Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job
- Office or similar indoor environment – Frequently/often
- Outdoor environment – Sometimes
- Street environment – Sometimes
- Construction site – Sometimes
- Vehicle – Sometimes
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
This position involves occasional exposure to unpleasant environmental conditions and/or hazards and outside work.
Incumbents may be required to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Starting Salary $20.24 - $29.55 per hour; Communsurate with training and education
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.