At NW Natural, we offer more than rewarding career opportunities and a vibrant, inclusive work culture. We invite you to join us in providing safe and reliable utility services and renewable energy to better the lives of the communities we serve. Our vision is to be the leader in service excellence, innovation and environmental stewardship for our customers, while building on our strengths as a trusted energy provider and environmental leader for our industry.
In addition to environmental stewardship, We’re also deeply committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at NW Natural. Our DEI Council started 21 years ago, and today we continue to foster a culture where all employees can experience a sense of belonging, shared purpose and possibility.
Maintains and updates engineering records through operation of a GIS, or computer mapping system.
Day to Day:
- Reads and interprets construction data and sketches, and verifies and ensures accuracy.
- Enters data into system.
- Generates maps.
- Verifies and revises engineering records.
- Researches and retrieves current and archived data from multiple internal and external sources.
- Maps mains and services.
- Creates updates and modifies geographic features in the mapping system.
- Organizes files, documents, maps, and drawings.
- Generates and maintains basic reports and spreadsheets.
- Trains, assists, and provides feedback to less-experienced workers at the direction of supervisor, which may include providing feedback to supervisor on progress of training.
- Suggests program enhancements to increase efficiency.
- Performs other tasks as required in the CBA, with training as needed.
- Acts and communicates in a professional, respectful, and cooperative manner in connection with all activities associated with NW Natural.
- Follows supervisory instructions and is flexible and adaptable to changing conditions and expectations.
- Maintains punctual, regular, and reliable attendance.
- Demonstrates the Company’s core values and complies with all Company policies and procedures.
Come on your first day with:
- Associate’s degree in GIS, geospatial sciences, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Experience with ArcGIS or other computer mapping system required.
- Ability to interpret and produce maps, drawings, and records using engineering standards.
- Ability to visualize and understand drawings and design concepts.
- Basic math skills.
- Advanced reading skills.
- Advanced ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer.
- Data entry skills of 6,000 kph with 90% accuracy.
- Ability to communicate with employees and customers to answer questions or resolve issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to concentrate on tasks, apply procedures in sequence, and work in a structured team environment.
- Ability to deal with sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Sustained sitting for 6-8 hours per day, hand/finger dexterity, and ability to grasp, bend, lift, reach, and stoop.
- Near vision and color discrimination abilities.
Qualification Period: 6 months
What we offer:
Health & Wellness -
- Rich health insurance benefits with competitive employer contribution
- Free access to an online wellness resources platform
Work Life Balance
- Start with 16 PTO Days (Amount varies based on accrued work hours)
- 10 paid holidays and 3 floating holidays
- 3 weeks paid parental leave
- Green Team / Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Council / Safety Team / Women’s Network and many other Employee Resource Groups
- Numerous volunteer and community engagement opportunities
- Competitive 401K company contribution and match
- 15% discount on NW Natural stock through Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Up to $5250 a year in tuition reimbursement
- Wellness incentive program
- 20% off natural gas service
- Up to 30% discount at NW Natural Appliance Center
- TriMet Pass for all HQ employees
- Generous discounts with Verizon & AT&T Wireless
Hourly Rate: $35.04
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.