GIS System Sr. Manager
|Salary Details||See Job Description|
The EDP Renewables, a company of EDP Group, aims to be a long-term market leader in the renewable energy sector, pursuing credibility through safety, value creation, social responsibility, innovation, and respect for the environment. To support us, we intend to recruit a Geographic Information System (GIS) Global System Manager
The digitalization of EDPR enhances strategically the achievement of our business targets. In this framework, Geographic Information System (GIS) plays a key role in supporting the development and expansion of the renewable energy sector.
GIS Global System Manager leads the design, planning, implementation, and maintenance of the EDPR GIS Platform, including infrastructure, software, and functionality according to GIS Global Strategy and coordinated with DGU. This position reports directly to the Corporate Global Technical Head.
- Leads the design, testing, development, and maintenance of EDPR GIS Platform, ensuring that all GIS resources are accessible, as a support for the EDPR departments.
- Coordinate EDPR GIS Platform management in terms of software, hardware, and usable resources (webs, maps, apps, widgets geoservices, automation, etc.), focusing on centralization in the creation of Corporate GIS solutions including:
- Lead the System Team in the creation of Corporate EDPR GIS Resources including its full development cycle (functional analysis, solution design, development, programming, testing, and implementation).
- Responsible for the development of the App Portfolio management processes.
- Definition, deployment, and management of a scalable architecture including Big Data techniques (allowing real-time data ingestion) in a wide range of types of databases (non-relational databases, relational databases, etc.) and geodata (raster, vector, 2D/3D, etc.)
- Collaboration in the design of an administration plan in coordination with DGU and the Data Team in order to assure updates, backups, and recovery plans for the GIS global resources.
- Formulate techniques for QA in IT systems, in conjunction with DGU to ensure availability, performance, and security.
- Establish a GIS Platform Governance processes, including best practices and a monitoring plan as part of a GIS Governance. This includes:
- Responsible for the implementation, deployment, and development of GIS software infrastructure, software, and functionality that supports the GIS Global Strategy.
- Focal point connection with DGU systems accountabilities (contracts, infrastructure, architecture, and cybersecurity) providing administrative direction for day-to-day system requirements.
- Centralized coordination of server configuration, version upgrades, installation of major patches, high-level licensing, and contract management with infrastructure providers.
- Generation of technical and support documentation to enhance operational effectiveness and decision support for the end-users.
- Drive the definition and ensure a unified style for GIS resources in the Global GIS platform, both in user experience and branding.
- Overseeing the implementation of DGU best practices for application development.
- Integrate in the Global GIS Office, a methodology in Business needs identification, related to GIS resources (maps, apps, storage, etc) to identify and prioritize EDPR GIS
- Platform needs and potential evolutions.
- Working closely with GIS Regional Business Solutions teams and GIS Global Data Manager to understand business requirements and help translate these into technical requirements to produce the scope of work.
- Design and promote GIS items templates such as apps, maps, widgets, automations, geoservices, etc. as projects to enrich GIS EDPR GIS Platform aligned with the end-user needs.
- Address a strategic roadmap to implement and continuously improve EDPR GIS Platform, internal services, and solutions. Definition of the multiannual action plan to implement GIS System Strategy and design a monitoring system and define KPIs indicators to ensure progress and deviation identification.
- Management of the designated staff (System Team) within EDPR GIS Global Office. Leadership provides technical and strategical guidance to the System Team, according to the Global GIS Strategy, being responsible for setting objectives and responsibilities, performance management, and people development of all its staff. Manage, plan and assign tasks assigned by the GIS Global Head to the team.
- External Services Management: Guide the process of identification and selection of companies to provide digital support. Manage outsourced services performance. Coordination and Supervision of software and hardware providers, both internal and external, managing scouting, offering, control, and relationship with them according to DGU guidelines.
- Company Policy and Legal Compliance: Understand and comply with company policies, processes, and procedures.
EDPR Institutional representation: Represent EDPR with relevant stakeholders, such as agencies and institutions, both public and private, concerning matters relating to its responsibility to reinforce EDPR reputation and competency in the market and benefit the interests of EDPR.
Travel Requirements: 30%, as needed.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree (on higher) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT Systems Design & Administration, or a related area.
- Master’s degree (on higher) GIS and/or ESRI technology
- Minimum 8+ years of international experience in Esri suite: development, design, deployment, administration, and securitization.
- 3-5 years of international project management, product management, or related experience.
- Excellent in the use of GIS software and platforms, both cloud, and on-premise, as well as mixed architectures.
- Experience in Java, C++, .Net, SQL, Python.
- Experience in the use of Geospatial libraries (Arcpy) and the use of web-based formats (e.g. Json).
- Experience in web-services software infrastructures and distributed IT Systems based both in web app servers (e.g. Apache tomcat) and microservices (e.g. Kubernetes, docker).
- Experience in cloud infrastructures (e.g. Google Cloud, AWS).
- Excellent analytical skills with a strong long-term vision in automation and software scalation.
- Experience in Agile and good practices in software development would be a plus.
- Experience with Renewable Energies would be a plus.
- Esri technology: ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Online, Cloud deployments.
- Agile and/or Design Thinking method knowledge.
- Project Management is a plus.
- English C1.
- Another language would be a plus, such as Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, etc.
- Proven working experience in international project management.
- Strong digital leadership to support a mental shift in rethinking existing processes in digital terms.
- Interpersonal and teamwork skills: develop productive and collaborative relationships with process stakeholders.
- Strong written, and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills and high attention to detail.
- Willingness to work in multicultural environments and readiness to work with different stakeholders.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally as needed (20%).
- Methodical, organizational, and multi-tasking skills.
- Skills in the coordination of external teams.
- Problem-solving and open-minded attitude
Physical demands & working conditions:
- Sitting/Standing/Flexibility: Ability to stand and sit for 8 or more hours when in an office environment
- Speech/Reading: Ability to speak, read, and write English proficiently and deliver a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form
- Lifting: Ability to lift items weighing up to 10 pounds
- Vision/Hearing: Ability to understand a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form
- Safety: Ability to understand and communicate safety precautions when necessary
- Bachelors or better.
- Masters or better.
Minimum 10 years of international experience in Esri suite: development, design, deployment, administration, and securitization.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.
|Category||GIS Coordinator, GIS Developer|