Purpose of Classification:
The purpose of this classification is to create and revise maps showing deeds and plats and to support mapping functions by providing analysis, research, and customer service.
The following duties are normal for this position. The omission of specific statements of the duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Maintains and updates maps; revises maps to correct errors and to record various changes to parcels; adds or updates addresses; and updates connected database information.
- Analyzes map data; identifies parcels; determines acreage or other tax basis; assists in auditing and reconciling deed books, including legal descriptions; associates deeds and parcel numbers; and identifies unworkable deeds and required map changes.
- Provides customer service; processes combination, separation, and reparcel forms; conducts research required to answer customer questions; provides maps or data to customers; designs and creates custom maps; conducts research projects; and works with historical data, courthouse or state data, or other legal documents to resolve questions; performs data manipulation and integration in an ArcSDE/Oracle database environment; performs quality assurance/ quality control of feature classes in the Enterprise GIS.
- Consults with geographic information systems users to determine the various types of information needed for analysis; coordinates with outside agencies to generate and share data; read and interpret surveys, legal descriptions cartography, engineering documents, construction plans and orthophotography; analyzed geographic relationships among varying types of data.
- Provides technical support and training; assists with interpretation of legal descriptions; maintains maps and supporting data; and maintains plotters and printers as related to GIS operations.
High school diploma or GED required; two years of experience in mapping, utilizing Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) software, or related field; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.