Under general supervision, creates and maintains Geographic Information System (GIS) parcel geodatabase, Assessor Parcel Numbers (APNs) and official assessment maps, including, verifying accuracy of data, rectifying spatial data, and integrating GIS parcel data with property records database; and performs related work as required.
This is an Open Competitive/Countywide Promotional recruitment being conducted to fill a current full-time vacancy in the Assessor's Office. The list established from this recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies as they occur.
An associate degree in geography, GIS, surveying, cartography or a closely related field AND two years of full-time experience with spatial data and the maintenance of a GIS database; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATE
A valid driver’s license may be required at the time of appointment.
The Ideal Candidate Will
- Have excellent cartographic skills.
- Have a working knowledge of the public land survey system and the ability to interpret metes and bounds property descriptions.
- Possess knowledge of cadastral principles and techniques.
- Possess a meticulous attention to detail.
- Have experience with compiling maps and documents and determining which are the most reliable sources when mapping property boundaries.
- Have two years or more of full-time mapping experience in an assessor’s office or other organization that deals primarily with the mapping of property boundaries in a geodatabase or the parcel fabric.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.