Primary Function: The Project Manager is responsible for overseeing the daily operation of work groups to ensure that the client is receiving the work requested in a timely manner, within budget and of good quality. Perform technical design and planning as well as mentor design and engineering staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tracking and submission of project invoicing which includes detailed explanations of work performed.
- Client follow up and project specific support.
- Manage and perform installation, maintenance, and configuration of all ESRI, FlowGIS 365, or other third-party software products as it relates to assigned projects.
- Provide Supervisor with monthly reports detailing project status and profitability.
- Training clients on all project related software.
- Manage GIS/GPS technicians
- Performing quality control and quality assurance on all projects.
- Supervise, manage and train GIS and GPS technicians.
- Responsible for ensuring all projects follow company documentation processes including but not limited to MSA, SLA and NDA.
- Develop and maintain a professional rapport with team members.
- Communicate effectively, both written and oral, with project team and management staff.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheets, database and word-processing applications.
- Good written and oral communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to perform assigned responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to compile, review, and reconcile data for accuracy, completeness, and compliance.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and delegate assignments.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Geography, Geospatial Information Systems, or other closely related degrees.
- 5 to 10 years of GIS experience showing demonstrated proficiency in Esri’s ArcGIS software suite of products.
- A Master's degree or equivalent; or five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Processional GIS experience in the utility sector is a plus.
- Experience in compiling formal written reports for external clients.
- Professional experience with client management and interaction.
- Appropriately licensed to operate a motor vehicle
Duties are performed in an office environment.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position at least 50% of the time.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
- The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers and clients. Must be able to exchange accurate information.
- Must be able to identify and distinguish colors, distances and spatial relationships.
- Travel up to 20% of the time.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
- This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
- This job description is subject to change at any time.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.