As a Top 25 builder, developer, and EPC, our expertise spans markets like sports, renewable energy, data centers, healthcare, and more. We are builders at heart, working to ensure the built environment has a lasting positive impact.
Let’s Redefine Possible®
We are seeking a GIS Analyst II who will be the functional and project process expert among our Solar Project Teams in the field. As part of the VDC team, you will help support our rapidly growing group as we scale up our GIS processes as a team. This is a very unique role for the GIS community, and we are excited for this team member to join our group. This is a regional position and will be responsible for either the Florida or Texas region.
This is NOT a remote position. You must temporarily relocate to the project area. Housing assistance and travel home allowance is supplied.
This position will interface frequently between field and design project team members to help drive project integration and technology innovation, implement GIS standardization across field teams, drive GIS adoption, host GIS trainings, and support overall VDC initiatives. Effective partnership with our E&I (Energy and Infrastructure) groups, Lean, Industrialization and field-integrated teams will be critical for the success of this position. The role will initially report to the Director of Integrated Technology and VDC for the Solar Group.
The location is set to be either the Texas or Florida region. We will discuss with you your preferred region area. Within each region are approximately 3-6 projects you will help partner with. This position will require frequent travel to project sites as needed to help actively support field teams. It is expected that the team member will be on a site each
day; however, a flexible hybrid remote schedule can be discussed and mutually agreed upon prior to the start of this role. It will require flexibility based on project needs.
- Accept direction from supervisors and seek out constructive feedback
- Planning, implementing, and coordinating GIS processes through appropriate technology platforms
- ArcGIS standardization and implementation
Supporting workflows within ArcGIS including but not limited to:
- Material distribution, quality assurance/quality control, permitting, and POD/POND Dashboards (Plan of Day / Plan of Next Day)
- Support and train design team members on how to best leverage ArcGIS and other GIS tools
- Support field team sessions by acting as the GIS Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Be a leader in assisting the implementation of VDC E&I integration Project Execution Plans (PXP) across all Solar projects
- Effectively partner with other Solar TMs
- Provide a point of contact for team members on GIS processes and reports during all phases of design and construction
- Document work process as it relates to improving and/or changing current company process standards
- Other duties as assigned
- 2-4 years of GIS experience (Can be within or outside of the construction field)
- Completion of intermediate-level GIS software training, including but not limited to ArcGIS.
- Experience with ESRI’s ArcGIS products including ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Enterprise/Portal,
- Field Data Collection Apps and Maps, Dashboards, Experience Builder, and/or Autodesk AutoCAD collaboration with ArcGIS software backgrounds are preferred.
- Experience with GIS data management and analysis, spatial data testing and QA/QC, systems implementation planning and deployment.
- Experience with techniques to analyze, extract, and locate data using geoprocessing tools or other solutions for data analysis.
- Demonstrate ability to work in Microsoft Office, project, and pertinent web application skills at an intermediate level
- Exhibit a positive professional attitude and strong customer service skills
- Ability to interpret and communicate Mortenson policies effectively
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Current driver’s license
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in GIS, Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, Construction Management, Civil Engineering Technology, or equivalent field
- Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.