All Point Broadband (APB) is seeking an experienced GIS Developer to grow the automation team in the Information Systems Department. APB is in the process of automating high and low-level fiber-to-the-home network designs, and client data validation. The GIS Developer will assist the automation team in the creation, maintenance, and documentation of FME workspaces and other applications when necessary. As workflows and processes are automated and production-ready, the GIS Developer will seek ways to integrate into an enterprise solution.
GIS Developer critical responsibilities:
- Design, program, and integrate GIS applications, such as FME, with, database, fiber management, and billing systems.
- Test GIS specific applications, triage and resolve issues.
- Plan, test, and configure mapping applications and geoprocessing tools.
- Administer and maintain PostgreSQL database(s).
- Communicate with internal and external technical resources to resolve end-user issues.
- Develop and maintain all GIS application related documentation.
- Propose new technologies and techniques for system and information development.
- Support Business Development team with SQL based report creation.
- Assist in validation, quality assurance, and change management processes to ensure data integrity and application stability.
- Understand customer requirements and develop GIS solutions to meet their business needs.
- Stay current with the latest developments within the GIS and related fields.
Qualifications of a strong candidate:
- 2+ years professional experience in geospatial application design, development, and operations.
- 3+ years Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH) network design required for the GIS Developer that will support the OSP Engineering team.
- 1+ years of Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH) networks design preferred for the GIS Developer that will support the Business Development team.
- Experience with FME Form and FME Flow; FME professional certification preferred.
- Fluency in GIS software and geospatial processing using ESRI suite, QGIS, or comparable.
- Experience with Open-Source Mapping technologies such as Mapbox GL JS, Turf Js, GeoPandas, GDAL, and Vector Tiles.
- Proficient knowledge of relational database design and GIS application architecture best-practices.
- Familiar with Census.Gov datasets and basic Census data types.
- Involvement in developing REST Services using ASP.NET Core or Python.
- Experience using and designing relational databases in PostgreSQL/PostGIS, SQL Server Spatial, or comparable.
- Proficiency working with topological networks and network analysis.
- Interest or experience working with cloud technologies such as AWS and Azure.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check.
- A consummate team collaborator! You ensure alignment to the organization's core values, vision, and mission.
- Intense and natural mission alignment with All Points Broadband
- Love working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial culture. Thus, you thrive in building things successfully from scratch.
- A systems thinker who gets a charge out of progress and continuous improvement as much as big milestones
All Points Broadband is a leading, rural-facing internet service provider in the mid-Atlantic and believes everyone should be able to work, study, play, and Live Connected. Through strong partnerships and teamwork, we have consolidated rural internet service providers and successfully bridged the digital divide by extending fiber-to-the-home to underserved communities.
Our mission is to empower people through connectivity, and we are committed to delivering reliable broadband internet to everyone. We do this with empathy, respect and by fostering an environment where passionate teammates can collaborate to overcome challenges and continuously improve. We are looking to add innovative, compassionate, and driven members to our growing team as we continue to work toward providing utility-grade broadband to our underserved neighbors, friends, and families.
All Points Broadband is an Equal Opportunity employer that offers a collaborative work environment with great colleagues, a competitive pay package, and benefits.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.