This position assesses, designs, develops, integrates, and troubleshoots technology to support business processes. The role provides technical or functional guidance to project teams and is accountable for ensuring the reliability, performance, security, and continuity of the Intelli-Fiber platform and related systems, as well as ensuring that excellent support services are provided.
This individual will have experience with the ArcGIS suite, programming skills and will provide guidance and best practices with generating, modifying, updating, and maintaining spatial data and providing GIS support. The ideal candidate will have a background of working within a team environment and be willing to contribute thoughts and ideas and provide support to others.
If you are a self-driven and motivated individual with ArcGIS programming experience who wants to join an exciting team, then this is the role for you!
- Generate, analyze, modify, update, and maintain spatial data for the organization at all locations.
- Analyzes, designs, develops, tests, debugs, implements, maintains, integrates, customizes, and enhances existing or new systems.
- Applies appropriate development methodologies, system development lifecycles, tools, and technology.
- Automates the handoff of code releases from development to operations (DevOps)
- Participates in the change management and service ticket management processes, including receiving, resolution monitoring, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Leads projects when needed and builds a strong working understanding of the solution being delivered.
- Ensures user satisfaction by providing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and timely resolution of more complex problems.
- Designs, develops, and tests experimental application work to test new ideas with bounded cost and time frames.
- Ensures that application processes are conducted in line with company and vendor technical policies and applicable standards.
- Updating and maintaining mapping systems and a project database regularly to ensure accuracy, timeliness, and completeness of information.
- Incorporate electronic information from databases, mapping systems, and telemetry systems into working documents, maps, and control systems.
- Identify publicly available datasets at the municipal, county, state, and federal level.
- Stay informed and trained on the latest technologies for interactive map and graphics development.
- Trains other employees as needed; maintains knowledge and skills on current ESRI products and their relationship to the mapping program.
- Continuous improvement of job-related tasks and processes, technical and professional knowledge, skills, and performance.
- Other tasks as assigned by manager/supervisor.
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering, or related field.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- 2+ years of experience with ArcGIS, or other GIS systems and tools.
- Design and engineering automation to include programming and customizing within.
- Experience with long transaction databases.
- Experience with software development methodologies.
- Understands requirements for large-scale system integration.
- Experience in the Telecommunications industry is a plus.
- Hardworking and self-driven.
- Collaborative teamwork experience.
- Interest or experience in other tools and technologies.
- Ability to meet goals and deadlines.
- Written and oral communication skills (including presentations), as well as listening and interpretation skills.
- Additional responsibilities and direction as outlined by the manager.
- At JSI, you will have a rewarding and challenging career on every level of the organization.
- JSI is committed to providing our employees with the following:
- Professional growth and development opportunities.
- A diverse, dynamic, and stimulating work environment.
- Educational opportunities.
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
JSI is a full-service consulting and broadband solutions leader, providing a complete range of operational, financial, management, engineering, regulatory, and strategic assistance to US communications providers for more than 60 years.
Notably, JSI can assist with designing and operating broadband networks, funding applications, forecasting, competitive pricing, mapping, feasibility studies, intercarrier billing, operational reform, strategic partnerships, company valuations, and more. We also offer a full range of OSP and ISP engineering services, including central office, optical transport, FTTx, IPTV, CATV, and wireless. JSI has more than 500 professionals on staff in its Maryland headquarters and in its regional offices in Alaska, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, North Carolina, Texas, Utah, and Wisconsin. To learn more, please visit us at jsitel.com.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.