GIS Developer Analyst
|Salary Details||See Job Description|
Do you want to work with advanced GIS technology? Connexus Energy has an exciting opportunity to join our team as a GIS Applications Analyst. This role will help implement and maintain the functionality of the Cooperative’s GIS application suite. Manage data and software errors, resolution tracking, and support the migration to the Esri Utility Network data model and ArcGIS Pro. Act as a resident expert for GIS software solutions by assisting in system configuration tasks; application, analysis and/or process development. This role is also responsible for user interaction including training, troubleshooting and task requirement gathering.
Based in Ramsey, Connexus Energy is Minnesota’s largest electric distribution cooperative, providing electricity, renewable energy alternatives and related services to 144,000+ residential and commercial members just north of the Twin Cities. We offer a collaborative work environment with challenging and rewarding work, which provides for professional development and work-life balance in a highly technical, stable and innovative industry. We give back to the communities we serve by embracing opportunities to volunteer, donate and support economic development. Our talented and friendly staff focuses on achieving our mission of powering our members and communities toward a smarter energy future with a passionate focus on affordability, innovation, safety, and grid reliability.
Key Responsibilities & Results:
- Develop, enhance, and maintain GIS data solutions across platforms to advance capabilities and drive growth in competencies for internal and external resources.
- Maintain and provide quality GIS data to other business applications and support efforts with vendors on data migration to the Utility Network.
- Support GIS leadership as internal point-of-contact to coordinate all questions, issues, and requests thereby optimizing communication and keeping GIS knowledge consistent across departments.
- Partner with GIS users to document requirements, develop, test and implement solutions. Including, but not limited to database queries, GIS spatial analyses, web maps, Esri application, and mapping products.
- Request and track development resources for integrations to other systems and/or advanced reporting needs.
- Act as external point-of-contact with our vendors to drive our GIS agenda and transfer external learning to Connexus Energy.
- Research new releases and patches to determine applicability to the Connexus environment. Coordinate and perform hands-on testing with updated/upgraded software.
- Provide tier one support for user GIS and Outage Management System tickets.
- Research and resolve user issues by replicating, testing patches and upgrades, and applying trial and error configuration resolutions.
- Drone expert and pilot, keeping up to date on new FAA rules and requirements, document flight plans and Connexus process of safely operating the drone.
Required Talents, Skills, Expertise, Education:
- Two-year degree in geographic information systems or related field
- Geospatial mapping background via formal education or work experience
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Hands-on software experience using and configuring Esri desktop, mobile and web-based applications.
- Familiarity with relational database management systems and the ability to write basic SQL queries.
Preferred Talents, Skills, Expertise, Education:
- Four-year degree in geographic information systems or related field
- Experience in a utility setting, preferably for an electric utility
- Experience with Schneider ArcFM platform
- Compensation: This position offers a competitive salary and an attractive benefits package including medical, dental, life, disability insurance, 401(k), and tuition reimbursement.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.
|Category||GIS Analyst, GIS Developer|