$56,674.38 - $73,676.72 Annually
Closes: 11/19/2018 4:00 PM Eastern
Manages the Geographical Information Systems section of the Information and Technology (IT) Department. Provides professional support services to City Departments and outside agencies on the City's GIS hardware, systems/application software, network communications and GIS database. Provides GIS consulting services to all City Departments.
- Consult with users to analyze and determine user information needs, data restraints and evaluate available application packages.
- Utilize project management tools and techniques to complete assigned GIS projects and initiatives.
- Oversee the work of staff assigned to related project tasks.
- Develop project plans and performance metrics.
- Automate GIS processes and analysis through Geo-processing models.
- Train City staff on GIS technology and software applications.
- Coordinate customer departments' requests for GIS service.
- Perform complex and advanced GIS analysis as assigned utilizing advanced geospatial analysis methods.
- Create GIS based tools, applications, and techniques to assist and streamline GIS operations to make more efficient.
- Collect GIS data from other agencies, including parcel address and zoning changes and builds GIS data sets.
- Review, design, model, and normalize existing and new spatial data.
- Makes periodic executive-level reports to the Department Head and the City's GIS Executive Committee concerning the status of the City's GIS System and GIS goals and objectives. Makes recommendations on needed remedial actions and related system improvements.
- The intent of this class description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that would be required of classifications given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbent may be required to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this job description.
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited college or university in Geographic Information Systems, Geography, Planning, Civil Engineering or Computer Science
- Six (6) years experience working with GIS, plus one (1) year supervisory experience is preferred; or the equivalent in education, training, and experience, which would provide the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Experience with GIS training is highly desirable.
- Project Management training and experience in managing projects, along with experience in supervision, coaching, or mentoring is desired.
Job Based Competencies
- Knowledge of GIS software such as ArcGIS v10.1 – 10.4.1, SDE, ArcGIS Server and AGOL.
- Knowledge of Computer Aided Drafting/Design software such as Autodesk 2017.
- Proficiency in Model Builder, Community or Business Analyst, Network Analyst, Spatial Analyst, 3D Analyst, Data Reviewer
- Knowledge of digitizing and data manipulation procedures for GIS.
- Knowledge of relational databases such as Microsoft SQL.
- Knowledge of computer system design and programming techniques such as Python, VB and C#.
- Extensive knowledge of Esri's ArcGIS platform and capabilities
- Proficient in updating and maintaining GIS data layers using multi-revision, multi-user, distributed GEO SDE databases
- Ability to analyze complex legal descriptions, resolving any conflicts and produce accurate graphic representations.
- Ability to read and use zoning maps, quarter-section maps, plat maps, land use maps, single line maps, aerial maps, blueprints and engineering plans.
- Ability to prepare and conduct GIS needs assessment studies.
- Ability to communicate, both oral and written, technical reports, diagrams and maps.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within the Information Technology Department, with other City departments, officials, and the public.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE OBTAINED AND FILED ONLINE AT:
COMPUTERS AVAILABLE AT:
111 S Orange Avenue, Suite 204
Sarasota, FL 34236
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.