GIS Assistant ll
Chico State Enterprises
|Salary Details||See Job Description|
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Working closely with the GIS Analyst and under the general supervision of the Project Manager, the incumbent works on various geospatial projects. Examples of duties include support of GIS development, data input and maintenance for the Center; assisting on a multitude of GIS projects; Assisting with collecting and processing GPS data; Assisting project managers in scanning, data entry, and data analysis and metadata development and update; Assisting with basic cartographic output.
EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS: Enrollment in or completion of a Certificate or Degree program in GIS. Requires a minimum of six months experience working in a GIS position or related fieldwork on GIS projects.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities include:
- Experience with ESRI products and other enabling technologies;
- Good understanding of relational databases;
- Familiarity with GPS technology and equipment;
- Good organizational skills;
- Ability to prioritize tasks;
- Ability to adjust to change in a fast paced, constantly changing environment (i.e. work environment, technology);
- Work within deadlines;
- Ability to function cooperatively and productively as a member of a unit;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with GIS staff;
- Ability to follow directions and a willingness to learn;
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- The incumbent must be a self-learner who can solve problems, and work independently with minimal supervision.
Benefits for employees working 30 hours or more per week include employer paid life insurance ($50,000) and long-term disability; options for health, dental, and vision insurance; FSA; 14 paid holidays including 1 personal holiday; vacation accrual (initially 10 days/year); sick leave (up to 12 days/year); employer contributions to your 403(b) retirement plan (up to 8%).
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Chico State Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. It is the Enterprises’ policy to hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees must provide
proof of identity and authorization to work.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.
|Category||GIS Coordinator, GIS Developer|