Within the IT Division under the direction of the Software Applications Manager, the GIS Analyst will perform advanced levels of GIS analysis, development, and management in associated with the City's Enterprise GIS Program.
- Requires a high level of skill in ArcGIS data analysis, develops and modifies GIS software applications and interfaces, enterprise geodatabase architecture design and management, map production, mobile data collection, and technical troubleshooting.
- Must stay up to date with GIS industry developments, work with team to determine the City's response to changes and opportunities.
- The position will also use Esri's Community Analyst, ArcGIS Online/Portal/Enterprise, performs administration of GIS data within SQL server, database and permissions management, administers ArcServer, builds services and caches for vector and raster data, perform project management tasks for developing and implementing new GIS applications, and provide customer support of GIS users via phone, remote login, and in person.
- Must be able to work in both team environments and individually, with excellent customer service, organizational, computer technology, and self-starting skills.
- Will be required be pass CJIS Certification, due to security requirements of working within the IT Department.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills
- Bachelor's degree in GIS, Planning, Geography or closely related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 years of experience with Esri's ArcGIS suite of software with demonstrated skills in Python, ArcServer, ArcSDE, geostatistical analysis and QA/QC techniques.
- Familiarity with SQL database structure, ODBC connections, and ArcGIS Server REST services.
- Experience with Collector, Geocortex, GPS equipment, and mobile technologies is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with graphic platforms such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop and/or equivalent.
- Knowledge of computer systems, procedures, analysis and design as well as system uses, capabilities, characteristics, and limitations.
- Experience with computer system peripheral devices, such as printer, plotters, and scanners.
- Microsoft Office tools under Windows 10 platforms, including Microsoft Project and Microsoft Visio.
- Skill sets to include problem solving, database design, program languages, compilers, apply abstract thinking to programming.
- Interest in new technologies and web advancement.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work and learn independently.
- Strong graphic design and/or cartographic abilities.
- Strong analytical abilities with high degree of technical competence in analysis, design, and programming.
- Thorough working knowledge and understanding of cartographic rules and principles, including data sources, data projections, and data integration.
- Current driver's license with good driving record.
- Assist in day-to-day operation of the existing City GIS program.
- Develop, support, and manage custom GIS applications.
- Advanced problem solving that may involve substantial impacts on city budgets and process effectiveness.
- Supervisory duties are not a responsibility but this position will function as a Lead role for interns and project teams.
- Communicate face to face, by telephone, and in written form with both individuals and groups
- Input data completely and accurately into a computer system using keyboards, scanners, mobile devices, GPS receivers and from third party sources.
- Use blueprints, schematics, layouts, maps, and other visual aids..
- Presentation preparation and demonstrations to a wide variety of audiences.
- Perform advanced level mathematical calculations.
- Use GIS tools in conjunction with map graphics, map scale, and real-world coordinate systems develop and maintain GIS map products.
- Work under the guidance of the Software Applications Manager to maintain existing or create new datasets.
- Work location is primarily in office environment. Some field work may be required in the development and support of mobile applications.
- Will use directly ArcGIS suite, MS Office suite, mobile devices, GPS equipment, large scale plotters/printers, Personal Computer, keyboard, telephone, copiers, facsimile machine, printers, scanners, and other office hardware/software as needed.
- Some site work with city departments as well as presentations for various groups may be required.
- Must be prepared to perform some data collection duties in the field including light survey work utilizing portable GPS receiver, and conducting site interviews.
- Contact by phone, e-mail, and in person with GIS users, the general public, and city management will occur.
- Communication skills enough to convey information to supervisor, the public, or other employees.
- Vision enough to read computer keyboards, screens, mapping instruments, drawing, details, reference books, and other written documents.
- Manual dexterity enough to operate mapping tools, calculators, computer keyboards, and other computer components.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds unassisted.
- Ability to drive a motor vehicle.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.