Responsible for collecting analyzing and interpreting geographic data. Research, study, and prepare maps and other spatial data in digital or graphic form. Responsible for the development and maintenance of geospatial databases and converts data received from internal and external sources to make them usable in the GIS.
Essential Job Functions
- Support GIS efforts for company wide data distribution.
- Provide input to the design and management of GIS databases, tools, and applications.
- Integrate existing data from a variety of internal and external sources into the GIS database.
- Utilize quality control procedures to ensure data accuracy.
- Provide input to GIS workflow documentation.
- Create presentation quality maps to support the business.
- Maintains and updates geographic and attribute files, records, documents, and maps.
- Maintains and performs syncing of multiple relational databases and corresponding ArcGIS
- Server Services for applications utilizing web services.
- Provide technical assistance for GIS, including specialized applications, for supported department.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- GISCI or ESRI certifications preferred
- One (1) to Three (3) years of experience in the GIS field
- One (1) to Three (3) years of experience with ESRI products
- Knowledge of the telecommunications/wireless industry
- Knowledge of GIS tools such as ESRI, Google Earth Pro, and Street Atlas
- Working knowledge of IT systems, architecture, and terminology
- Customer service orientation with a strong problem solving approach
- Knowledge of database management and/or SQL
- Some Model Builder and Python knowledge or a keen interest and ability to learn them
- Basic knowledge and experience of ESRI, Spatial Analyst, and Raster Statistics
- Ability to manage and process multiple data streams
- Knowledge of GIS data sets: Segmentation, Census bureau, Mosaik Solutions, ESRI, Traffic data, Imagery data, and FCC Data Sets
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.