The GIS Analyst analyzes data using appropriate geospatial methods, applies geodatabase design, creates and manages mapping applications to support organizational or community needs. Duties include training county staff and the public in the use of online GIS applications. Train internal staff on current or novel Denton County GIS standards and procedures. The GIS Analyst is required to provide excellent customer service, resolve problems in a timely manner, communicate effectively, and be a positive contributor to the Denton County Technology Services Team.
Examples of Duties
- Assists with programing, designing and administering of interactive mapping applications utilizing ArcGIS Software.
- Creates, updates, and maintains the GIS database.
- Synthesizes and/or analyzes geographic data in an effort to assist internal and external customers.
- Provides informal phone and in office training for various online mapping applications to internal and external customers.
- Creates and maintains standard operating procedures for the office.
- Researches the latest GIS technologies and techniques by attending seminars, workshops, classes, lectures, etc. as appropriate, to enhance and maintain knowledge of trends and developments in the fields of mapping and database management.
- Collects, manages, and maintains Global Positioning System data for GIS database items.
- Regular and punctual attendance is required.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Department of Technology Services Mission Statement:
To serve Denton County taxpayers by providing technology related services guided by our core values that support and empower county departments and agencies in providing excellent service to our citizens.
The Department of Technology Services commits to the following core values:
- To deliver service with integrity and respect.
- To respond to the technology needs of the County in a proactive and timely manner.
- To meet the technology needs of the County with consistency, agility, flexibility, and foresight.
- To manage technology resources in a fiscally conservative manner.
- To develop a technology team that is passionate about serving the needs of the County.
- To support and understand each member of our team both personally and professionally.
- To encourage positive attitudes, teamwork, and open communication.
- Bachelor's Degree in GIS, Geography, Computer Science, Emergency Management or related field required; or an equivalent combination of education and related experience required.
- GIS Certificate and/or GISP Professional Certification preferred.
- Must not have any Class B misdemeanor or higher convictions or deferred adjudications.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.