The GIS Specialist – Americas will be responsible for providing timely geospatial analytics and visualizations to the Lendlease (LL) US Development business across target Gateway Cities. The role will also work closely with project and national teams to help shape the company’s acquisition and development strategy within the US through identifying, interpreting and analyzing local, national and specific spatially-related market trends impacting the real estate business.
Tasks underpinning the role include all aspects of GIS data acquisition, data transformation, spatial analysis, map creation, and online implementation.
More specifically, tasks will be to:
1) Develop and roll out online GIS viewers across LL Development’s 5 Gateway Cities that combine rich sources of data, and visualize city demographic, economic and real-estate behavior, and make this information available to local LL Development teams
2) Design and develop custom spatial analyses for each GIS online viewer in collaboration with LL Development teams to identify emerging areas of each city, and specific sites that meet our business criteria
3) Design a GIS database to support requirements specified above and develop a program to update data at regular intervals.
The position will be located amongst the broader LL Americas GIS Team in Nashville, but will report to the Senior Associate Strategy. This will allow them to leverage and contribute to the GIS team’s capabilities whilst focusing on projects supporting strategic initiatives.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Manage vector and raster data acquisition, migration, and transformation of GIS data for each Gateway City.
- Design, develop, and support spatial analysis processes.
- Create and update maps using cartographic best practices to support Gateway City Development teams.
- Create workflows tailored to each Gateway City utilizing Geocortex that allows Development teams to further analyse GIS data through viewers.
- Assist in development and maintenance of a web mapping environment by configuring layers and publishing web services.
- Identify and implement best practices for GIS data management.
- Develop, test, document, and implement data capture, analysis, and quality control procedures to ensure accuracy of data.
- Integrate multifaceted data sources into GIS such as third-party API’s and Restful services.
- Identify and advocate opportunities for improving efficiency / reliability of systems/ assets within associated business processes.
- Provide support and training for personnel in relationship to GIS analysis, GIS services, and GIS Viewers.
- Support proof of concept / prototyping efforts to demonstrate the value of potential/new GIS solutions for the business.
- Actively participates on internal teams which focus on continuous improvement and growth of the business.
General Background and Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geography/GIS, Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- 1-3 years of experience in GIS or GIS-related industry.
- Experience in ESRI’s core products (ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, and ArcGIS Enterprise).
- Experience in Geocortex software including Geocortex Essentials and Geocortex Workflow.
- Familiar with one or more languages (HTML 5, Python, .NET, SQL, VBA, etc.)
- Proven experience in SQL Server Database Design and Administration
- Ability to interface different systems together like ArcGIS, Excel, Access, and SQL Server
- Ability to integrate spatial data from multiple sources and in multiple formats
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with other departments, supervisor, and employees.
- Spatial database experience with PostgreSQL.
- Ability to code in Python particularly with respect to the use of Arcpy.
- GIS professional accreditation, such as GISP, preferred but not required.
- Demonstrable interest, knowledge and/or experience in the US real estate industry both in terms of current issues and opportunities as well as historical context.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.