The GIS Analyst duties and responsibilities include coordinating and managing the system hardware and software, developing GIS applications, making presentations, and conducting training sessions for the staff. This position will work with various internal and external users to ensure that GBRA’s GIS needs are met on a day-to-day basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Understand emerging GIS technologies and their application to improve GBRA services
• Plan, manage, and implement GIS-related projects; assessing progress and making appropriate corrections to keep projects on track;
• Provide independent oversight of GIS contractors providing services ranging from data collection to application development;
• Oversee and manager contracts related to GIS data and application development by outside contractors;
• Utilize Portal for ArcGIS to develop web applications for internal and external use.
• Responsible for ongoing spatial data development, maintenance and dissemination, and the generation of maps and other GIS reports and information products;
• Responsible for the collection of data from field operations using GPS technology;
• Responsible for reviewing new or existing data for accuracy, usefulness, quality, or completeness of documentation;
• Create GIS databases to enhance GBRA’s analytical capabilities, particularly as this pertains to asset management;
• Prepare and update utility maps, and parcel and tract maps based on data obtained from internal documents, public records, and field surveying notes;
• Conduct programmatic and manual analysis of GIS data to identify spatial relationships and create reports of analyses using maps, graphs, or tabular data;
• Maintain an up to date GIS database of GBRA infrastructure and record and document details of map updates, additions and/or deletions;
• Utilize Collector for ArcGIS to assist with operational data collection and integration into GBRA’s asset database.
• Assure consistency with applicable standards and best practices for data conversion, data maintenance and upgrades;
• Provide technical support within the company regarding the maintenance, development, or operation of GIS databases, equipment, or applications;
• Direct the preparation of regular status reports highlighting GIS projects and issues requiring attention;
• Create and document procedures and metadata definitions;
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Experience in analyzing spatial data and translating organizational requirements into appropriate GIS applications, maps and reports;
• Working knowledge of ESRI’s ArcGIS for Desktop 10.5 or higher;
• Knowledge of SQL databases and ArcGIS Enterprise is an asset;
• Strong organizational, time management and interpersonal skills;
• Ability to exercise initiative, independent judgement, and responsibility;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with GIS developers, contractors, professionals and suppliers for obtaining and exchanging information
• Attention to detail
• Effective written and oral communication skills.
Bachelor’s degree in Geographic Information Systems, Geography, Computer Science,
Engineering, or a related field from an accredited college or university is required.
Current valid driver's license and ability to remain insurable under GBRA’s vehicle liability policy
A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a GIS Analyst, GIS Coordinator, or similar position with professional level experience in the design, development, implementation and administration of geographic information systems, including analysis, database development and integration. A GISP certificate is highly desired.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Standard physical activity such as periodic standing, walking, sitting, and basic motor skills to operate necessary computer programs. Occasionally fieldwork will be required to collect data and information, as necessary.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.