About the Position
We are currently seeking an experienced GIS Analyst to join our growing team in New Orleans. The ideal candidate possesses 2-3 years of related experience and wants to grow, collaborate, and innovate. In this position, the successful candidate will perform GIS for clients across the United States. The successful candidate will also have a Geography or GIS BS Degree (or equivalent). Projects will span across multiple markets and geographies affording opportunities for broadening knowledge and deepening skill sets related to design projects. We are seeking someone who can be an independent self-starter.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in Geography, GIS or equivalent
- 2-3 years of related experience
- Knowledge of the principles of geographic information science and GIS technology.
- Extensive skill in the use of GIS software, particularly ArcGIS in its desktop and online forms
- Considerable skill in applying GIS Technical Methodology to provide information to project team.
- Performs base level analysis of spatial data using GIS technology
- Ability to maintain spatial data tools for GIS Users and non-GIS users.
- Develop knowledge in current local, state, and Federal data requirements and schema sets.
Pond is an award-winning, full-service architecture, engineering, planning, construction management, and environmental services firm providing professional solutions to clients throughout the U.S. and globally for nearly 60 years. Pond’s staff of 600+ professionals provide a deep bench strength of experience and capabilities to offer customized solutions that help clients manage projects from concept to completion – and everything in between – with confidence and clarity. Pond is currently ranked as the 80th largest engineering and design firm by ENR, Atlanta’s #1 engineering firm by Atlanta Business Chronicle, and has been recognized as an Employer of the Year by Georgia ACEC and a Best Place to Work for Working Parents.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.