GIS Analyst (Information Systems Specialist 5)
Oregon State Department of Police
|Salary Details||See Job Description|
As the GIS Analyst, you will utilize and implement GIS-related software solutions, analyze data collected by OSFM, compare outcomes against other measures and metrics, develop mapping products to aid in decision making, facilitate data sharing, prepare graphic presentations, and coordinate with agency partners and stakeholders.
To review the complete position description for the GIS Analyst, please click here.
Minimum Qualifications (these must be described in your resume for full consideration):
- Four (4) years of information systems experience using geographic information systems (GIS); OR
- An Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or related field; AND two (2) years of information systems experience in using geographic information systems (GIS); OR
- A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field may substitute for all of the above.
Note: If you are selected to move forward in the recruitment process, you may be required to submit documents that support your qualifications for the position (such as educational transcripts or certifications).
Preferred Skills (these must be described in your resume for full consideration):
- Expertise and practical working knowledge using ArcGIS and ArcGIS Pro
- Expertise and practical working knowledge of basic database management, data modeling, and process modeling principles
- Ability to provide GIS technical analysis and data visualizations
- Proficient use of standard programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Skills in written communication including communication of technical information
How to Apply:
- Visit the State of Oregon Job Opportunities webpage to submit your application and required resume. Please ensure the work history and education in your applicant profile is up to date and accurate.
- If you are a current State of Oregon employee, you must apply through your employee Workday account. Please ensure your work history and education in your Workday account is up to date and accurate.
- You must clearly show that you meet the minimum qualifications and preferred skills in your resume to be considered for this position. Please submit your resume in either MS Word or PDF format.
- Failure to attach a resume describing the minimum qualifications and preferred skills will result in disqualification of your application.
- Your application and resume will also be used when completing a pay equity assessment. The pay equity assessment determines your pay rate/salary step, so complete and detailed history of work, education, and other experience is helpful. On your resume, please specify hours per week worked if the position was less than full time.
- As part of the application process, you will receive additional required tasks via Workday after applying. Please ensure these tasks are completed prior to the recruitment’s closing date.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.