Temporary opportunity assisting in the development of ArcGIS Network data for internal and external wayfinding. Responsible for producing maps expressing the results of analytical processes utilizing ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online and/or ArcGIS Enterprise. Creates and maintains end user applications.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinate the development and distribution of spatial data (45%)
- Perform advance analysis of spatial data using GIS technology (25%)
- Manage highly complex GIS projects (15%)
- Create and manage online tools using spatial data (15%)
Anticipated duration: 3 months +
Compensation: $23.95 - $31.13 / hour, including paid holidays and vacation/sick leave. Full-medical insurance also available.
Location: fully remote work arrangement is available or hybrid remote / on-site (La Jolla campus).
Work schedule: Mon - Fri, 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM.
- Bachelor’s degree in geography, engineering, planning, or GIS; or equivalent academic credentials.
- At least two years of experience in the use of GIS technology; or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of the principles of geographic information science and GIS technology.
- Extensive skill in the use of GIS software, particularly ArcGIS in its desktop and online forms.
- Ability to develop and maintain online spatial data tools for non-GIS users.
- Considerable skill in applying GIS technology to solve more difficult analytical problems.
- Knowledge of relational database management systems and the ability to use the SQL language.
Background check required.
This position has been identified as a Mandated Reporter pursuant to the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act (CANRA) and requires immediate reporting of physical abuse, sexual abuse, emotional abuse, or neglect of anyone under the age of 18. It is the responsibility of the Mandated Reporter to ensure that they obtain proper training in order to fulfill their reporting responsibilities as required by the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and University policy, and to complete and submit the required reports to the UC San Diego Police Department without delay.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.