This position performs advanced professional, technical, and administrative work of more than average difficulty in supporting the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) needs of the Development Services Department. They will evaluate areas where the application of GIS can be used to facilitate improvements; configure and maintain map-centric web applications and web services; configure and maintain enterprise geodatabases within relational database management systems (RDBMS) software.
The duties of this position will include all of those duties set forth in the official job description.
This position will remain open until a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.
The City offers a wide variety of benefits to employees. In addition to the competitive benefits package and salary, the City participates in the Florida Retirement System (FRS) which offers an investment option and a pension option, and requires a 3% contribution from employees. New hires are automatically enrolled in FRS.
Say "Hello" to the City of Fort Lauderdale and Say "Goodbye" to Your Student Loan!
That's right! Under the U.S. Department of Education's Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program, the remaining balance on your student loan may be forgiven after you have made 120 qualifying monthly payments while working full-time at the City of Fort Lauderdale! Please visit www.fortlauderdale.gov/PublicServiceLoanForgiveness for more information or to see if you qualify.
Management Category IV job classification for benefits purposes, which includes generous vacation time with five (5) additional management vacation days annually - prorated upon your hire date, and a monthly expense allowance of $120.00 per month.
This job classification is included within the bargaining unit represented by Federation of Public Employees and therefore is subject to the terms and conditions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the City of Fort Lauderdale and Federation of Public Employees.
- This is a new position pending City Commission approval of the FY2024 Operations Budget.
- This position may be required to participate at the Emergency Operations Center before, during, and/or after an Emergency.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Essential functions are the basic job duties that an employee must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation. The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. The omission of a function does not preclude management from assigning essential duties not listed herein if such duties relate to the position.
- Conducts studies; develops various maps, graphics, text and illustrative materials used in reports and presentations with the aid of applicable computer software applications
- Performs research, analysis, investigation of land use, zoning patterns, and neighborhood characteristics
- Participates in the administration of and updates data in the GIS database
- Uses map-based solutions, many of which may be interactive solutions built using web technologies
- Implements and uses configurable ESRI applications and solution templates
- Creates and updates ESRI web services
- Supports the data science and related data analytics needs of the division
- Stays abreast of developments in the GIS field and other related technology disciplines
- Performs related work as required
JOB REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Bachelor's Degree in urban planning, IT, or related area of study
- Two (2) or more years of related experience. Additional qualifying work experience or education, completion of coursework at an accredited college or university in a
- job-related field, may substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required experience or education, at the Department Director's discretion.
- Extensive knowledge of ESRI software
- General mapping and analytical skills
- Knowledge of GIS analytical tools; spatial and data analysis, surface and area calculations, and pivot tables
- 3D Mapping
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.