Fort Bend County is ranked as one of the fastest growing counties in the nation. We have capitalized on not only the creed of our location, but on the "quality of life" for our families to call home. Our employees are the key to our success and the heartbeat of our foundation. The diversity and inclusivity of our community is our strength and at the forefront of a workplace environment welcoming to all. Live Here! Work Here!
Performs professional level implementation, maintenance and analysis of the Geographic Information System (GIS) to assist and support FBC in the collection, update and distribution of geographic (digital) information. Participates in planning of programs, policies or objectives for own work group and department.
- Builds, designs, installs and configures geospatial database management system as well as database integrations. Coordinates installation requirements and data warehousing requirements for all GIS data and databases to support FBC departmental customer needs.
- Recommends optimum access techniques; Troubleshoots and works with external vendors to resolve complex system issues; Acquires, tests and applies system software/hardware updates, releases and patches.
- Develops and maintains programs to support database operations including database backup, security control, performance tuning, and database manipulation.
- Defines systems requirements by working directly with end users; Designs, develops, tests and implements application programs and systems as directed.
- Develops enterprise solutions between multiple GIS utilities by integrating GIS data to meet customer needs; Develops and maintains custom interface solutions to provide GIS data analysis and interchange across the county.
- Coordinates with end users and IT when implementing hardware or software in production environment; Conducts research and makes recommendations on database products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Develops working knowledge of environments to adequately support any solutions, upgrades, customizations, etc.; Establishes database analysis and review processes to ensure the highest quality and data accuracy.
- On-call 24/7 for IT support issues.
- Participates in activities and duties related to emergency management during a local state of disaster as directed by appropriate county managers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field. (High School/GED and four years of relevant professional experience in addition to five years required experience may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree).
- Five years of relevant GIS/programming experience, including two years of management, supervisory or team lead experience.
- Knowledge of SQL and ESRI ArcSDE (GIS); experience with scripts, logging, and database recovery.
- Strong multi-platform system and application programming skills and strong analytical and system design skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with interpersonal skills and the ability to deal effectively with the public, other employees and elected officials.
SALARY RANGE: $80,912.00 - $101,129.60 annually based on qualifications
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.