The Public Works Department is recruiting for a Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Analyst Ill*. Under general supervision, this role works collaboratively to integrate GIS technology to improve County business processes and enhance the delivery of services to County departments and public constituents. The incumbent will plan, organize, coordinate, and participate in the development and implementation of GIS solutions across the County. The incumbent will participate in the long-term development, enhancement, and implementation of GIS technology across the County, by working with stakeholders within various County departments and ensure GIS solutions meet the business requirements of the end user. Additionally, the incumbent will supervise and perform spatial analysis; serve as the Subject Matter Expert to Public Works; support, assist and provide guidance to Department Divisions and staff regarding best practices with GIS, WebGIS, and Enterprise level GIS deployment.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Pre-Employment Process: Incumbent must successfully complete a background investigation (fingerprinting and work history/education check) in addition to a job-related physical exam, including a drug test.
- Shift: Some positions require availability for night and swing shifts, weekends, and on-call, including holidays as needed. Indicate availability on application.
- Sponsorship: Please note San Bernardino County is not able to consider candidates who will require visa sponsorship at the time of application or in the future.
Qualifying candidates must meet the requirements in ALL of the following categories:
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: Three (3) years or more of experience performing GIS analysis AND at least one (1) year managing GIS related projects, while leading project staff.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: Thirty (30) semester (45 quarter) units of completed college level coursework in Information Technology, Business Administration, Geographical Information Systems or a closely related field.
Education Substitution: One (1) year of additional qualifying experience may substitute for the required education.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience with the ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS Online platforms including coding/programming experience utilizing Python.
- Proficiency with the Esri suite of applications such as ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Online, Survey123, ArcGIS Field Maps, ArcGIS Desktop, Experience Builder, ArcGIS Dashboards, Workforce for ArcGIS and ArcGIS Solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of designing and implementing GIS solutions for local or state governments including best practices for WebGIS, the building of mobile solutions, and spatial analysis as related to public policy.
- Demonstrate experience in technical consulting and conceptual solution design, as well as an understanding of business development processes such as gathering business requirements, project management, and the ability to design technical/functional requirements.
- Strong presentation, collaboration, interpersonal and listening skills necessary for the development and maintenance of customer relationships.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.