As a critical member of the GIS Enterprise Support team, this role involves overseeing the maintenance of enterprise geodatabases and conducting regular data processing tasks. Moreover, the successful candidate will be responsible for effectively managing PimaMaps, the County's main web mapping application. Additionally, they will supervise the administration of ArcGIS Enterprise and its associated components, including ArcGIS Online, Hub, and the Open Data portal. The GIS Analyst will also provide indispensable support to ArcGIS desktop users and play a crucial role in the provision of 911 data services.
Projects may include the following areas of focus:
- Enterprise GIS data management and dissemination, such as traditional vector GIS layers, raster data, imagery, base maps, web mapping systems, and reporting tools such as dashboards.
- Implementation, development, and management of the GIS infrastructure and data, including server application installation, configuration, and management, along with data loading, configuration, and management.
- GIS data processing and process automation, including GIS data for 911 systems and its continual improvement. Python scripting skills are a plus.
- ArcGIS desktop software installation, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- This position is on-site with the possibility of part-time telecommuting after six (6) months of initial probation.
In applying for this position, pay particular attention to the description that follows and to the Preferred Qualifications at the end of this posting, addressing each qualification in your application.
(Work assignments may vary depending on the department's needs and will be communicated to the applicant or incumbent by the supervisor.)
- Performs geospatial data building, modeling, and analysis using advanced spatial data manipulation or cartographic procedures;
- Designs and coordinates the integration of GIS spatial databases with non-spatial enterprise business databases;
- Participates in developing and implementing quality control procedures for GIS processes, procedures, services, and products;
- Designs and prepare cartographic representations of GIS data using GIS applications, including web-based mapping systems;
- Evaluates and makes recommendations to management for acquisition of GIS software, hardware, and peripheral equipment;
- Leads and/or trains ITD GIS technicians or related staff in the operations of GIS analytical procedures;
- Enters data into GIS databases, using techniques such as coordinate geometry, keyboard entry of tabular data, manual digitizing of maps, scanning or automatic conversion to vectors, or by converting other digital data;
- Reviews existing or incoming data for currency, accuracy, usefulness, quality, or completeness of documentation;
- Interprets aerial or ortho imagery for mapping purposes;
- Revises existing maps and reports, making all necessary corrections and adjustments;
- Compiles GIS data required for map preparation, including imagery, survey notes, records, reports, and original maps;
- Documents GIS procedures, metadata, and operating standards;
- Provides technical support to users or customers regarding the maintenance, development, or operation of GIS databases, applications, and data collection devices;
- Identifies and compiles GIS database information to support the creation of maps and applications in response to requests.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- GIS principles, techniques, applications, and industry standards as applied to spatial data, imagery, and metadata for programming and analysis;
- quality Control/Quality Assurance of GIS data and products;
- GIS data research, collection, organization, and documentation for specific product output;
- advanced GIS data models, relational data, and editing methodologies;
- GIS technology directions and trends in software, hardware, web services;
- current programming languages for GIS process automation and application development;
- relational GIS database design and application implementation in an enterprise-distributed processing environment;
- remote sensing data interpretation, e.g. aerial imagery, LiDAR, etc.;
- best practices for securing GIS data in a distributed environment.
- creating and editing GIS data, including attribute data, using methodologies such as coordinate geometry, heads-up digitizing, and conversion of other data sources;
- applying data processing, quality control, delivery, and display;
- providing customer support and problem resolution in the use of GIS data and applications;
- using programming languages for GIS process automation and application development;
- time management while handling multiple projects;
- identifying customer needs and developing solutions to meet their needs.
(1) A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college, university, or technical school in Geographic Information Systems, remote sensing, cartography, geography, or related field as determined by the appointing authority at the time of recruitment.
(Relevant work experience and/or education from an accredited college, university, or technical school may be substituted.)
(2) Two years of experience with Pima County as a Geographic Information Systems Technician or ITD Geographic Information Systems Technician.
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and "Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see resume" on your application.
Preferred Qualifications: (Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- Minimum one (1) year experience with ArcGIS Pro and/or ArcMap performing data editing, geoprocessing, and analysis.
- Minimum one (1) year experience managing data in a geodatabase (enterprise and/or file), including spatial data, attribute data, and non-spatial related data.
- Minimum one (1) year experience configuring ArcGIS applications, such as ArcGIS Pro/ArcMap, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Portal, ArcGIS Hub, ArcGIS Online, or others as applicable.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.