Job Summary & Responsibilities
Puget Sound Energy’s Maps and Records Department is looking for a Gas GIS Technician I to join our team!
The Gas GIS Technician is responsible for creating, updating and maintaining maps, in GE Smallworld GIS, that is in accordance with PSE’s standards, guidelines and practices. These mapping jobs and revisions shall be predominantly simple-to-medium complexity in nature. There will also be opportunities to retrieve, research, analyze and interpret maps, as-built, records and engineering documents as needed.
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1873. Today we’re building the Northwest’s energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE all employees are valued, respected and provided with the opportunity to excel professionally. We offer an expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
• Identify and resolve missing, wrong or conflicting information on construction records and maps
• Assist with routine and special mapping, data entry and clerical duties
• Assist with field verification for maintaining maps and plant records
• Requires high school diploma or GED
• Requires minimum 2-year certificate in GIS, CAD or similar program, or equivalent work experience
• Requires successful completion of course work in basic physics and mathematics
• Requires a valid driver’s license
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word
• 1-year GIS/CAD drafting or mapping experience
• Record research experience and map reading
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.