We welcome and appreciate your interest in employment with the City of Corpus Christi. We are an equal opportunity employer; no information obtained during the recruitment or selection process is intended for any discriminatory purposes.
This position is an exempt position at pay grade 206.
Non-rotating 40-hour work week, Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm; must be available to work additional hours as needed.
Who May Apply?
All persons legally authorized to work in the United States
Design digital maps using mapping software to analyze spatial data including geographic and various other datasets related to disease outbreaks, identifying patterns and trends, and creating mapping applications to manage a digital library of geographic patterns for understanding disease spread.
- Designs and updates geodatabases using Internet-based MAT data analytics.
- Utilizes existing Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and converts GIS data from diverse sources (e.g., AutoCAD, Excel, Access, various image formats).
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date geospatial documentation for future reference.
- Oversees dataflow and management, as well as distribution activities related to GIS.
- Performs data capture and ensures the quality of the final product.
- Manages a basin of data to develop an effective spatial mapping strategy.
- Offers consultative guidance and technical expertise in geodatabase analysis and design of geographic information.
- Provides expertise in application programming, integration of spatial data technology, and modeling, including applications involving piping systems.
- Specializes in GIS project management, supervising teams, and collaborating with other geographic information specialists.
- Position may assist with development of future protocols related to disease investigations.
- Develops of guidelines for those who acquired the disease or were exposed to someone with the disease.
- Individual will utilize the National Electronic Disease Surveillance System (NEDSS) or other disease surveillance systems to report and monitor the incidence of infectious/communicable diseases disease across Nueces County.
- Ordered to monitor for any possible outbreaks or areas of concern.
- May assist other departments in disease analysis or other reporting.
- May be asked to perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires bachelor's degree (BA/BS)
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience
- A valid driver's license is required; successful out-of-state candidates must be able to obtain a valid Texas driver's license within 90 days of hire
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.