POSITION PURPOSE: Designs, draws, plans, maps, and Engineering drawings, to illustrate future construction of roads, bridges, subdivision plats, and Plan Unit Developments (PUD’s), for the County Engineer. This position is responsible for providing coordination, communication and support to the County Engineer, County Planning, Board of County Commissioners and other departments and agencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include, but are not limited to the following:
• Maintains regular attendance at work and is consistently on time. The Engineer Director and/or Designee will decide upon the shifts and times per the needs of the department.
• Provides exceptional customer service to all customers, both external and internal. Works to resolve all customer services issues in an expedient manner. Fosters an atmosphere of team and teamwork in the department and the BOCC.
• Develops, evaluates, and plans for all construction projects.
• Ensures that all construction plans meet the American Association of State Highway and Transportation (AASHTO) Standards, and all other applicable standards and guidelines.
• Insures that all projects meet Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) requirements and standards.
• Develops and reviews all construction plans for roads and bridges, to ensure that all road and bridge construction plans meet existing county standards.
• Reviews, evaluates, and effectively recommends (or rejects) changes or modifications to existing plans.
• Coordinates computer applications for Engineering (i.e. computer aided design, AutoCAD, ArcView, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Access, Word,; and other required software applications) for creation of county section maps, for the development of planned construction projects for roads and bridges.
• Acts as intradepartmental computer liaison and web page design coordinator for the department.
• Provides guidance and technical information to members of construction industry, as it relates to building permits, lot splits, zoning changes, and new developments.
• Assists to the public, elected officials, county and other governmental entities and developers on technical matters and issues associated with road and bridge construction projects.
• Creates and maintains mapping requirements for the Oklahoma County Engineer.
• Updates and maintains all section maps, using applicable software product.
• Provides maps, technical assistance and guidance, as well as other information and material for monthly Planning Commission, Board of Adjustment, and Floodplain Management meetings.
• All other related responsibilities, duties, and/or tasks that are assigned or as needed
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No supervisory responsibilities.
Must have courteous, clearly understood speaking abilities. Ability and willingness to maintain information, and confidentiality is required. Experience in exercising judgment, tact, discretion and diplomacy in dealing with the public and county personnel.
• Provides exceptional customer service to external and internal customers.
• Professional demeanor
• Proficient in map reading and geographical directions.
• Skill and Knowledge in Microsoft Office applications.
• Skill and Knowledge of, AutoCAD, ArcView.
• Skill in communicating with tact and diplomacy
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Position requires an Associate’s Degree (A.A.), or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six (6) months to one (1) year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.