We have been at the forefront of creating a new generation of wireless communication infrastructure for over 40 years. While the wireless world is ever changing, the demand for innovative technology and long term support services remains constant. We specialize in network development – complete telecom life cycle solutions, which has ranked us in ENR's Top 20 Design Firms for the telecommunications sector in 2014. These services include site acquisition, design and construction, to full operations, maintenance, and deconstruction.
Jacobs is building a design staff in the Boston, MA office and seeking an experienced Telecom AutoCAD Designer.
• Aid in the production of construction drawings and the development of standard details and standard prototypes at front end of project.
• Modify and/or refine details and prototypes at the direction of the Design Engineer.
• Optimize efficiency and production.
• Communicate with other project team members and make occasional field design walks to obtain necessary data and requirements.
• Follow schedule of priorities as established by Design Engineer.
• Adhere to JACOBS standards for electronic and paper files.
• Utilize JACOBS CAD standards and follow requirements set by the Design Engineer on each project.
• Assist Project Engineer with Design Reviews and distribution of work to CAD drafters and ensure quality performance
• Learn new technology necessary for expanding work base.
• 3-5 years related CADD design experience required with wireless telecom experience preferred
• 3-5 years experience with AutoCAD (Version 2000 or later) is required
• Minimum of 3 years experience working on a local network and server is required
• Solid understanding and experience with Microsoft Office software is required
• Utility right-of-way design experience is preferred – power, telephone, fiber, etc
• Solid understanding and experience working with GIS & satellite information systems
Candidate must be authorized to work for any US Employer without the need for sponsorship.
Only local (Boston) candidates will be considered.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you’ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by country, regional, or local law. To view the DOL's Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster, please click here.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.