Energy Transfer is one of the largest Master Limited Partnerships with one of the most diversified portfolios of energy assets in the United States, totaling more than 80,000 miles of natural gas, crude oil, natural gas liquids and refined products pipelines.
This position is responsible for the accurate reporting of the Liquids pipeline assets. This includes research, modifications and updates to the pipe specifications, pipeline features and pipeline facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uses ArcGIS to create and edit linear and stationed pipeline route events using activity reporters and GPS surveys and reports. Reconciles/posts versions.
- Researches pipeline historical data such as: materials lists, completion reports, AFE/work order authorization, hydro tests, mill tests and management of change forms.
- Researches archived hardcopy pipeline asset documentation stored in project boxes and communicates with project managers.
- Generates alignment sheets for quality control in order keep the integrity of the pipelines.
- Reads and utilizes drawings, schematics, alignment sheets and detail drawings for pipeline, meter stations and compressor stations.
- Works with both internal and external customers and in a team environment.
Education and/or Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements for this position are listed below:
- 0-5 years of related experience including knowledge and experience with using GIS software, ArcMap, UPDM and ArcCatalog tools and techniques.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor's degree in GIS or additional equivalent work experience
- Good computer skills, proficiency with Microsoft Word, and Excel is required.
- Able to work unsupervised
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Usually, normal office working conditions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time due to prolonged periods of sitting or standing.
- Occasional overnight travel may be required.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.