This is an entrepreneurial sales position that is responsible for developing significant and sustainable growth and profits in our remote sensing hardware and services solutions business. This position reports to the VP of Global Sales and is in charge of building this new business initiative, leading the strategy, and driving all internal and external efforts with our customers and business partners.
This position will leverage a small customer base under construction and help create this new market opportunities that leverage our Lidar products and future service offerings in the meteorology field. This position is expected to bring expertise in meteorological applications and a network of contacts for lead generation and lobbying purposes. A strong technical and business aptitude will allow the successful candidate to establish direct relationship with end users and experts, provide technical argumentation to win sales, develop scientific collaborations with key clients and partners and provide after-sales support to ensure customer satisfaction. This position will also have an opportunity to help develop new Lidar-based meteorological applications and identify areas for recurring, profitable business.
Four main target markets within meteorology include:
- Atmospheric Research: Universities, government research organizations.
- Forecasting Networks: Severe weather, agricultural, industrial.
- Aviation: Vortex and wake detection at airports.
- Air Quality: Industrial and urban pollution, nuclear threats, etc.
The successful candidate must achieve the goals of the Sales department plan that are in line with company values, culture, and philosophies. Given the global nature of the business, an ability to effectively interact and communicate verbally and in writing with a diverse customer base is needed. This person is also expected to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that encourages harmony with customers, management, and peers from across the company.
PLEASE NOTE: This position may be based in beautiful Hinesburg, Vermont.
- Build a business plan to identify, approach and close business opportunities including Lidar hardware and services in the North American market.
- Propose and lead execution of NRG’s strategic plans in the domain of meteorology
- Work closely with NRG’s marketing team to promote Lidar solutions on the market and generate leads
- Work closely with NRG's sales team to maximize potential for Lidar sales across all markets and applications.
- Participate in North American meteorology events both as an expert and a business developer
- Define and manage scientific collaborations with key users & influencers and generate proofs with demo equipment.
- Publish or co-publish articles for conferences and journals.
- Qualify contacts, set value propositions, negotiate and close sales
- Provide expert support to customers for system configuration and data exploitation. Manage customer relationships to ensure highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Work with meteorology community (innovation, research, marketing and business development) to share market analysis, build offers, get expert support in pre-sales and after-sales efforts, collect and share customer feedback and opportunities for product and process improvements.
- Respond to Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
- Prepare sales reports, and conduct market research to identify existing and potential customers, market share, industry trends, and changes to government regulations.
- Collaborate with the VP of Global Sales to develop yearly, quarterly and monthly strategies and goals to grow sales and improve margins
- Travel for technical training and relationship building.
- Prepare and deliver professional sales presentations to established customers or prospects.
- Work closely with Sales and Logistics departments to arrange shipping logistics to customers, both domestic and international.
- Work closely with NRG and our partner, Leosphere, to train new customers and provide support to existing customers.
This position requires experience in market-making and business development in technology. Identifying opportunities and closing very technical, high-dollar deals with potentially long sales cycles is the norm. A track record and network in the meteorology or similar field is desired. Experience with Lidar is preferred but not required.
- Proven experience in building a technology business from the ground up.
- Minimum BSc in business within meteorology-related science or engineering domain, a MSc would be a very strong plus
- 5+ years of experience in meteorological research and/or operations. Existing network in meteorological industry and scientific community highly desired.
- Strong business acuity in scientific and innovative applications is required.
- Experience developing sales or marketing opportunities using new technology.
- Ability to interact effectively with a diverse domestic and international customer base.
- Excellent communicate skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work well in cross-departmental teams.
- Professional and dependable manner.
- Willingness to travel up to 20% - 40% annually. Travel consists primarily of tradeshows, conferences, and customer visits (including occasional field deployments).
- Ability to speak and/or write in a foreign language is a strong plus.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.