UNS Energy Corporation, headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, is a subsidiary of Fortis Inc., the largest investor-owned electric and gas distribution utility in Canada. UNS Energy Corporation’s public utility subsidiaries, Tucson Electric Power Company, UNS Electric, Inc. and UNS Gas, Inc., provide electric and gas service to customers in southern and northern Arizona. For more information about UNS Energy Corporation, visit http://www.uns.com.
Tucson Electric Power provides safe, reliable electric service to approximately 414,000 customers in Southern Arizona. Although our company has been in business for more than 120 years, we continue to look for innovative ways of providing value, comfort, convenience and security to our customers every day. We’re evaluating cutting-edge energy technologies, reshaping our energy portfolio and expanding our renewable power and energy-efficiency programs. While our line of work can be challenging, it can also be rewarding. Our team of dedicated professionals values engagement, enthusiasm, innovation and collaboration.
In return, TEP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes a 401k plan with a generous company match, a company-sponsored pension plan, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, long-term disability insurance and much more.
We are currently seeking a talented individual for the position of T&D Supervisor I or II. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the overall operation of GIS Quality Mapping are within the T&D Department in accordance with policies and procedures, current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations governing the Utility industry. Providing quality and efficient customer service to customers through the daily supervision of a team of employees to include hiring, motivating, recognizing and rewarding, coaching, counseling, training and problem solving.
- Supervises, coordinates, provides leadership to, and facilitates the activities of assigned work group, including safety, prioritizing, workflow allocation, quality control, staff scheduling, performance reviews and employee relations.
- Addresses disciplinary and/or performance issues, in conjunction with LR/HR, according to company policy, and communicates effectively with employees regarding corrective action.
- Provides feedback to employees during progress reviews; provides direction to employees and resolves technical questions; monitors workflow allocation to minimize overtime, backlog and customer complaints.
- Reviews area operations to identify process and procedure improvements. Responsible for suggesting methods to improve area operations, efficiency and service to both internal and external customers.
- Provides input and administers work group budget to ensure cost-effective use of resources. Estimates costs and analyzes actual cost variance from budget and explains differences.
- Coordinates and interfaces with other TEP groups to ensure activities are scheduled effectively.
- Identifies viable alternative solutions to resolve customer requests and plans activities to eliminate delays.
- This position may provide services to affiliates of the Company subject to the UNS Energy Code of Conduct and the related Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure that the Company’s management principles, policies and programs are consistently practiced and continually support the Affirmative Action Plan.
- Assume fiduciary responsibility for operating the business and provide recommendations on cost improvement measures.
- Ensure that the Performance Management program is administered uniformly and effectively.
- Comply with and administer the terms and conditions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement when applicable.
- Administers personnel functions, including recruiting, review and approval of job descriptions and salary classifications, and selection and placement of personnel. Participates in hiring, termination, promoting, assignment and direction of staff. Ensure compliance with all applicable local, state and federal laws, regulations and standards, company policies, practices and ethical obligations to investigate, evaluate and recommend appropriate resolution to employee complaints.
- Promotes and participates in the professional development, personal growth and career planning of staff. Motivate, recognize and reward, coach, counsel, train; provide feedback to employees during performance reviews. Participates in Leadership Development programs.
- Addresses disciplinary and/or performance issues, according to company policy, and communicates effectively with employees regarding corrective action. Has input into the adjustment of grievances and administration of discipline.
- Plans day-to-day operations, estimates personnel needs and schedules and assigns work. Evaluate the structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.)
- High school diploma or GED.
- A bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups across functional lines. Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Broad-based business knowledge, including financial analysis and a thorough knowledge of electric utility services.
- Proficient in the use of personal computer applications, including but not limited to, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Maximo or other Work Management Systems and GE Small World, Bentley Open Utility Designer or ESRI experience is preferred.
Supervisor, Level I:
- Assigns work to section personnel and evaluates work status to ensure satisfactory progress and completion.
- One to three years of relevant experience, preferably including experience with an electrical utility. Prior supervisory experience preferred.
Supervisor, Level II:
- Oversees and assures that all activities are performed in a manner which optimizes costs and efficiencies for the organization.
- Three to five years of relevant experience, preferably including experience with an electrical utility. Prior supervisory experience required.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.