Under general supervision, the Systems Administrator supports software systems by implementing, maintaining, developing, and upgrading enterprise applications city-wide.
Examples of Duties
- Acts as technical guide/project manager for a business function by evaluating existing processes, identifying options for solutions, and identifying resources required for the solutions.
- Provides application support by identifying and implementing best solutions for clients; identifying root causes of issues; contacts vendor for application specific issues; identifies and resolves application problems.
- Updates and monitors software, backups, logs, and hardware.
- Monitors vendors regarding product developments and upgrades.
- Pursue research and development projects and assess viability of implementation of new technologies. Make recommendations for new technology solutions.
- Performs related job duties as assigned.
Experience and Training
Bachelor's degree from an accredited four year college or university in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field and two (2) years of full-time experience as a systems administrator or similar position is required.
Relevant work experience may be substituted for required education on a year-for-year basis.
- ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Online, and Geodatabase administration.
Cityworks AMS/PLL administration.
- Windows Server Administration – Ability to manage Microsoft Windows servers both physical and virtual. Apply patches and upgrades on a regular schedule. Configure virtual servers in a VMWare environment and regularly monitor and audit performance and resource utilization.
- Good communication skills with ability to interface with staff and perform needs analysis.
- Experience supporting/optimizing web based applications/technologies.
- Ability to implement new software/technology in a project management/leadership role.
Additional skills considered a plus:
- Ability to automate processes using scripting language, such as Python.
- Ability to create reports using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) or Crystal Reports.
- Experience with Pavement Management technology, such as Paver.
- Experience with ITpipes.
- Familiarity of SaaS and service-oriented architectures.
- Experience with REST API's.
Certificates and Licenses Required
Valid Texas Driver's License or ability to obtain prior to employment.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.