An opportunity to work with one of the leading location technology consulting organizations. We are looking for team players that aren't afraid to take on new challenges and who want to collaborate with others to provide the best solutions possible for our clients. If that sounds like you, and you want to contribute to making GISinc a Great Place to Work, then keep reading to see if this role is your perfect fit!
To be considered please submit a detailed CV that outlines the experience and requirements.
Role: Sr. Geospatial Analyst
Primary responsibilities will be to review, design, configure, develop, run, monitor, maintain and optimize geospatial replication tools and processes that meet the needs of BLM geospatial community.
Candidates must be eligible for federal security clearance (NCHC) and proof of U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Manage and create national corporate geospatial datasets replication
- Create Safe Software Feature Manipulation Engine (FME) workbench or other tools to help manage national geospatial datasets
- Create and manage data automation scripts using FME, Python, and/or SQL scripts
- Assist in the data quality report of national dataset
- Work with distributed geodatabases and replica synchronization
- Manage and administer the datasets including privileges and indexes
- Assist in bringing consistency and standardization to BLM National geospatial databases
- Provide technical guidance and assistance on national Geospatial Enterprise corporate databases
- Conduct if needed, on- or offsite training classes for BLM GIS users on technical subjects relating to geospatial replication tools and use of final products
- Ensure the full documentation the each geospatial tool as needed including scripting, model, and workflow documentation as well as development of help files and user guides
- Determine and communicate any needed geodatabase schema and/or web services needs to appropriate BLM EGIS staff during the development of geospatial tools
- Attend regular meetings to review work progress and schedule
- Undergraduate degree (four year) in geography, science, engineering, business or another related field, or equivalent, demonstrated expertise
- Must have a minimum of 2 years or equivalent of enterprise-level GIS technology experience
- Working in and managing a complex distributed geospatial dataset in a geographical distributive network environment.
- Development and documentation of replication in a multi-user, enterprise Geodatabase environment using ESRI’s Enterprise Geodatabase software (SDE) in a SQL Server Environment
- Use of ESRI’s ArcGIS for Desktop software, Safe Software FME Desktop and Python
- Developing written technical documentation (such as metadata, training materials, workflow diagrams, white papers, etc.)
Competencies and Skills:
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively to lay persons and geospatial technical experts alike
- Technical problem solving skills related to geospatial software
- Concepts and principles of geospatial data management and geospatial modeling and analysis
- Applying geospatial technologies to address natural resource and/or land management business requirements
- Onsite at the BLM National Operations Center (NOC), Denver Federal Center, Lakewood, CO
- Travel up to 20% of the time
To apply: please visit https://gisinc.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2isqase8v1r
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.