- The GIS Specialist is responsible for obtaining, creating, organizing, and mapping GIS data.
- Identifying efficient methods for, and implementing data analysis, and ensuring consistency, accuracy, and quality in all GIS work. Keeps apprised of latest software updates and GIS analysis techniques. Supports all staff in preparing deliverables.
- Conduct fieldwork as required to prepare GIS datasets and associated deliverables.
- Measure, analyze, convert and interpret geographical information to create maps, charts and other presentation material.
- Assemble, integrate, analyze, and display spatial information in a digital format.
- Current and future projects will require strong cartographic capabilities utilizing science, technology and aesthetics.
- Research, collect, save/store, retrieve, evaluate, manipulate data, validate map accuracy.
- Access and use aerial photography and satellite images. Capable of geo-referencing imagery.
- Create maps/technical data for internal/external presentations, company acquisitions, and expansion projects.
- Support commercial and business development activities with study material, new pipeline routing and investor related map creation.
- Digitize parcel/acreage polygons from metes and bounds, legal descriptions and surveys
- GIS database/server management support
- Manage third party data sets such as RexTag, PennWell, etc.
- Develop material, data, and maps for executive presentations, build PowerPoint presentations.
- Support website and SCADA programs.
- Bachelors in Geographic Information Systems, Cartography, engineering or related field
- 5 to 10 years working within the energy industry developing maps of pipeline, upstream acreages, wells, ROW support, facility planning functions, commercial, tax parcels, etc.
- Experience and education in basic principles of cartography
- Proficient with ESRI ArcGIS software platform, PODS, GoogleEarth, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge Auto CAD desired
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.