Responsible for gathering, converting, analyzing, and reporting of GIS data; preparing and updating maps and exhibits with GIS data sets; maintaining utility asset records; and using GIS data, applications, and tools to identify and solve problems for the engineering and operations departments. Maintains operational standards and quality control for capture and distribution of spatial data, and mentors GIS staff with lesser skill level.
- Operate computer workstation to update maps as new data is received relative to new subdivisions, developments, capital improvement projects, zoning requirements, and other projects and coverages. Convert data collected from field operations into GIS database with proper and accurate spatial location. Assure consistency with company- wide standards and practices for data conversion, data maintenance and upgrades. (30%)
- Generate and distribute timely standard reports, utility pipe network system and thematic maps. Maintain up-to-date asset data inventory and asset records for GIS-related assets and maintain linkages between databases for efficient and accurate reporting. Coordinate timing of updates and corrections with district personnel to ensure maps, databases and reports are accurate and up-to-date. (20%)
- Maintain up-to-date asset data inventory and asset records for GISrelated assets. Develop and maintain links between databases. Coordinate additions and corrections for associated data sets. Convert data collected from field operations into GIS database with proper and accurate spatial location. Assure consistency with company-wide standards and practices for data conversion, data maintenance and upgrades. (30%)
- Provide mentoring to less experienced GIS staff in technical aspects of GIS tools and applications. Perform quality control checks of work output from junior staff and new hires. (5%)
- Maintain and share industry knowledge of GIS technology. Participate on user committees within AW for sharing GIS expertise. Provide guidance to department and larger business on evolving GIS technology, new products and capabilities and participates in pilot testing phase of upgrades and new product rollouts. Participate in development and revisions of standard practices for GIS. (10%)
- Utilize GIS system beyond mapping tool for analysis of spatial data using core GIS functionality to identify and solve business problems. Perform routine and ad-hoc analyses optimizing use of various company data sets, government, or other outside sources to support engineering and operations needs. Present results through clear, concise thematic maps with well-documented sources and metadata. Analyses may include special assignments or projects of limited scope and cost. (5%)
- Solid foundation of GIS methodologies, ESRI software, geocoding techniques, data model formats, and data conversion practices. Working knowledge of Python, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Pro, ModelBuilder, and SQL required.
- Knowledge of GIS workflows, including remote sensing, GPS, desktop mapping, web and database applications and GIS interoperability.
- Knowledge of geocoding, address matching, topology interpolation of linear and non-linear data and relational databases preferred. Skills:
- Detail oriented to conduct thorough analyses and evaluations, render and implement timely decisions and recommendations. Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines. Good communications skills. Thoroughly proficient computer skills. Previous experience with operating UAV's and processing UAV data is a plus. Familiarity with working in a versioned geometric network environment.
Minimum 3 years experience in analytical and development functions of integrated GIS applications, preferably in a utility environment.
Bachelors or equivalent experience.
Monthly statewide travel; rare national travel (e.g., User's conference, etc.)
Indoor and outdoor environment
- Champions safety
- Customer obsessed
- Cultivates innovation
- Nimble learning
- Drives Results
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.