The Senior GIS Analyst performs complex duties in the development and maintenance of Tulalip Tribes GIS system, which supports the GIS needs of all tribal departments. It requires advance knowledge of GIS concepts and products, as well as GIS dataset types and formats. Responsibilities include web application development, multiuser geodatabase design and management, custom map production, and geospatial analysis. This position will lead others in their daily work activities, check the work of others, and provide direction, when needed.
Bachelor’s degree in GIS, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, geography; OR two plus years of college education with a GIS Certificate from accredited school; experience may be considered as a substitute for the above education. (Upload or attach copy of degree or transcript with application).
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Current GIS technologies (including hardware, software, and handheld tools) and industry trends
- Analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Visual communication and data mapping theories
- GIS production of complex cartographic and other spatial data displays
GIS web-mapping applications served to internal and external users
- Project management, planning, organization, and customer service skills
- Database techniques to process and analyze geo-spatial datasets
- SQL Database administration in support of geodatabases
- Scientific research and data collection techniques
- User Acceptance Testing, metadata, hardware/software configurations, and GIS standards
- Communicate effectively by oral, written, and by other graphical means
- Read, understand, and apply technical manuals and procedures
- Maintain required records and prepare necessary reports
- Independently analyze problems and assist others in GIS analysis
- Apply critical thinking and problem solving skills to business needs
- Learn new programs, platforms, and tools to finish specific analysis and tasks
- Complete multiple competing projects and meet deadlines
- Effectively function as a team member
- Analyze customer needs and business systems
- Convey technical information to non-technical users
- Administer geodatabases in a MS SQL environm
PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS AND/OR PREREQUISITES ENVIRONMENT
- Work is performed in an office environment with some field trips to locations in and around the Tulalip
- Reservation for the purpose of data collection and fieldwork.
- Manual and finger dexterity for the operation of personal computer, office machines and routine paperwork.
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information.
- Seeing to view a computer monitor and read a variety of maps and documents, tolerance to be exposed to computer screen for prolonged periods.
- Stamina to sit, stand and/or walk for prolonged periods in any weather condition in outdoor terrain while carrying equipment and supplies during filed studies
- Mobility to bend, stoop, and/ or climb stairs including.
- Ability to lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- GIS data collection (including fieldwork), geodatabase development, geodatabase maintenance, geodatabase administration, data conversion, digitization, data editing and integration, and other database administration duties.
- Produce wide array of GIS products including cartographic maps, map books, web maps, electronic files, web pages and REST services
- Spatial analysis, 3D analysis, data modeling, scripting, and reporting
- Operate and support various software applications including: ArcGIS Desktop 10.x (Required), ArcGIS Pro (Preferred), ArcGIS for Server 10.x (Preferred), Web AppBuilder (Preferred), MS SQL Server (Preferred) Create documentation to describe the data (metadata), program development, logic, coding, and corrections
- Troubleshoot errors others encounter while using ArcGIS
- Contributes to and leads projects by reviewing existing data, recommending data needs, accessing available digital data from other sources, and determines analyses to fulfill project requirements.
- Lead others in their daily work activities, check the work of others, and provide direction, when needed Work with GIS staff and other tribal department staff on various extended fieldwork projects
- Communicate positively with internal and external customers to address their needs promptly, and following through on commitments
- Detailed evaluations of existing and proposed systems and related operational procedures, and recommend necessary changes
- Utilize computer technology to perform research, analyze and transfer data, write reports, and present data and documentation
Perform related duties as needed and assigned.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.