Collects, manages, analyses, models, and presents geographic data using Geographic Information Systems (GIS). Builds and maintains GIS databases using methods including manual data entry, image digitization, and data upload from electronic sources such as spreadsheets, text files, online maps, and geospatial image libraries. Operates GIS software to perform spatial and non-spatial data analysis and modeling.Primary focus is in the representation of Whiting's acreage position and lease polygon integrity across the company. Manages, supports, and informs asset teams, Business Development (BD), and Investor Relations (IR) departments with various forms of data for use in everyday or corporate business decisions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead and mentor team members in all efforts for delivery and maintenance of existing land GIS data structure, cartographic representation and design
- Define and manage projects to improve corporate wide GIS support according to business needs
- Ability to read and understand an oil and gas lease, assignment or other land documents
- Quality control, maintenance, and editing of lease polygons to ensure correct geometrics
- Respond to data inquires from various departments and assist in data mining to fulfill those requests
- Work with various business units needing spatial analysis and helping design those processes
- Delivery of map requests for multiple/all business units
- Troubleshooting issues between Bolo and P2GIS or other polygon generating software
- Work with various third party vendors for data retrieval, map integrity, and competitor integrity
- Bachelor's degree in GIS, Computer Science. Geography, or related field
- Master's certification in relatable areas, GISP Certification or other preferred
- 7+ years of experience using ESRI' ArcGIS software
- Oil and Gas Industry experience required
Other Skills and Abilities
- Excellent Cartographic and data management skills with a through understanding of visual hierarchy and presentation of data to various audiences
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently
- Ability to convey GIS/spatial information to non-GIS technical people
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- When performing the duties of this job, the employee must regularly sit; use hands and fingers; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift up to 10 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The work environment is that of a typical office setting.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.