Senior GIS Software Developer
Salary - $89,000.00 - $96,000.00 Annually
Job Number - 2023-05103
Are you looking for a position with a work/life balance? Do you want to earn four weeks off during your first year of employment? Do you want low and no cost health insurance options? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you need to complete your application now. Work for the city you love!!!
The Information Technology Division is actively seeking one (1) Senior GIS Software Developer.
Did you know that as a City of Jacksonville employee, you would also have 11 paid holidays and a personal leave day as well? In addition, to health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance and flexible spending plans are also available. City of Jacksonville employees are also eligible for Federal Student Loan Forgiveness after 10 years of public service and on-time payments.
The Senior GIS Software Developer reports to the GIS Manager and is responsible for performing the analysis, design, development, implementation, maintenance and modification of automated geographic information systems, databases, software, and equipment.
Examples of Work
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Designs and develops Geographic Information Systems (GIS) applications and integrates GIS web services with .Net applications.
- Maintain and support Arcgis Server and ArcObject applications in development, QA, and production environments.
- Ensures GIS applications adhere to current IT infrastructure to maintain performance and scalability.
- Provides recommendations for technicians on map publishing techniques to ensure data integrity and continuation of operations.
- Develops new applications as well as enhancements and migration of existing applications.
- Develops applications in the mobile environment meeting the needs of city operations and the general public.
- Assigns, oversees, and monitors the work of others.
- Performs other job related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of specialized GIS software including Environmental Systems Research Institute (ESRI) ArcGIS for Desktop products and doing GIS Data Modeling and Geodatabase Administration.
- Experience with GIS application development, using desktop and web-based tools (preferably ESRI ArcGIS Server and ArcObjects).
- Knowledge, understanding and utilization of the standard ESRI methodology of geodatabase design.
- Knowledge and understanding of how to resolve version conflicts, resolve spatial (topology) and attributes errors that arise during versioning and exporting of updated (edited) data in ArcSDE.
- Ability to create and administer multi-versioned Geodatabase and performing multi-user edits (reconcile and post) for ArcGIS client applications.
- Ability to oversee and monitor the work of others.
A FULLY COMPLETED ONLINE APPLICATION IS REQUIRED. Apply at www.coj.net.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.