At Colliers International, we help leaders succeed by helping them build amazing workplaces, businesses and communities around the world. We do this by thinking differently, sharing innovative ideas and offering a unique and collaborative workplace where you can succeed.
Who you are
The Senior GIS Developer is responsible for the effective implementation, development and maintenance of Colliers’ GIS and other proprietary database driven web applications and interfaces, working within an ESRI Enterprise environment primarily as a back-end developer.
You are a motivated self-starter, detail oriented with demonstrable experience designing, implementing, and supporting enterprise applications, services, and solutions. You will be part of a full stack scrum team practicing Agile methodology, specializing in creating map-based technologies; and are responsible for coordinating action on projects with other key stakeholders, maintaining adequate documentation, managing effective testing processes, and ensuring quality control of applications that support internal and external clients.
What you bring
- Minimum of 3-5 years of programming experience, preferably in a real estate related capacity.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Geography, Computer Programming, Geographic Information Systems or related degree /certification.
- Knowledge of database management systems, development platforms, systems integration, and of GIS systems and spatial data.
- Experience with ArcGIS Enterprise Geodatabase, Server, and Portal.
- Well-versed with industry standard technology including HTML, CSS, XML, and Bootstrap.
- A keen eye for design and its incorporation into front-end applications.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret professional and technical documents, manuals, professional journals, and government regulations.
- Understanding of UI design principles and end user experience.
- Problem solving skills applied to technical and business situations.
Bonus skills and experience
- Commercial real estate experience
- Experience with Node.js and React.js is desirable.
- Experience with ArcGIS desktop software and Python scripting is a plus.
- Advanced proficiency in multiple GIS platforms (MapInfo suite and ESRI suite including ArcGIS Desktop and Online).
What success looks like
- You will coordinate and collaborate to create compelling, user-friendly geospatial applications that internal clients will use for analytical, data management, reporting, and marketing purposes.
- You will make recommendations to the Director of GIS & Mapping and the Senior Vice President of Technology and Innovation regarding available technologies, department strategy, and long-term vision.
- You will write, maintain, troubleshoot, and document code for database, web, and other applications and services.
- You will create and document conceptual and detailed designs for projects and applications based on business logic and internal/external client needs.
- You will perform high level technical review of 3rd party GIS data and software to determine usability.
- You will follow standards and best practices to maintain the organization and integrity of databases, coding, services and applications.
- You will perform quality control measures and end user testing programs to ensure functionality, accuracy, and customer needs are met.
- You will adhere to standards and policies on quality assurance. Ensure consistency, accuracy and quality of finished products. Ensure compliance with company standards, use of logo, and other branding standards.
- You will support Technology and GIS departments with other database and coding initiatives on an as needed basis. #LI-RP1
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.